Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Plugin Development Environment (PDE) » P2 feature builds
P2 feature builds [message #1705202] Wed, 12 August 2015 19:00
Manjiree Gadgil is currently offline Manjiree GadgilFriend
Hi

We are upgrading from Eclipse 3.6 to Eclipse 4.5. Our RCP product consists of features and plugins.
There is a common feature and all other features are dependent on the common feature. Each feature had its own build.xml and build.properties.
I have added p2.gathering=true in the common feature.

The first "common" feature compiles fine and a p2 repo for the feature is created in buildrepo directory.
But the compilation for the next content feature which is dependent on the common feature fails. The error indicates that the feature is missing required plugins.
I tried numerous methods to correct this but no success. The step that fails is "generateScript".

try1:
From the Eclipse help pages, I understand that I have to use repo2runnable api to bring plugins in shape that the next feature can compile against them.
So I added an repo2runnable ant task where the source is the p2 repo created from the common feature and destination is a temp folder. I then add the temp folder path to the pluginpath but still I get the same error.

try2:
Since the next feature depends on common feature, I have added
p2.gathering = true
repoBaseLocation=Absolute path to zip file which is a p2 repo.
Also tried absolute path to p2 buildrepo directory created in the common feature. The directory contains features,plugins,content.xml and artifacts.xml.
transformedRepoLocation=Temp directory in the feature.

For both the trials I get an error in the transformRepos target saying:
org.eclipse.pde.build_3.9.100.v20150521-1524\scripts\genericTargets.xml:213: Error occurred while transforming repository: No repository found at .....

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you,
Manjiree.
Previous Topic:CDT Plugin: get IBinding candidates for function call with invalid arguments.
Next Topic:Plugin not showing
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon Sep 23 18:59:04 GMT 2024