Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Eclipse SmartHome » System Channel Config Description(How to add config description to a system channel)
System Channel Config Description [message #1704242] Sun, 09 August 2015 18:33 Go to next message
Smart Home is currently offline Smart HomeFriend
Hi,

Is it possible to add config description to a system channel?

Thx
Re: System Channel Config Description [message #1704991 is a reply to message #1704242] Tue, 11 August 2015 09:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kai Kreuzer is currently offline Kai KreuzerFriend
Yes, you simply have to provide a configDescriptionURI in the ChannelType constructor and then implement a ConfigDescriptionProvider that serves the according descriptions.
Are you thinking about adding additional system channels?
Re: System Channel Config Description [message #1704998 is a reply to message #1704991] Tue, 11 August 2015 10:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I want to add a configuration to battery level channel. The purpose is to configure the sampling rate.

I think that it would be better if I can add configuration URI via the XML. I assume that adding configuration to system channels will be needed.

[Updated on: Tue, 11 August 2015 11:06]

Report message to a moderator

Re: System Channel Config Description [message #1705412 is a reply to message #1704998] Fri, 14 August 2015 21:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
You cannot add an individual config description to a system channel. We could only discuss that this specific system channel should have in general certain config parameters.
Re: System Channel Config Description [message #1705423 is a reply to message #1705412] Sat, 15 August 2015 07:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kai,

I am a little bit confused. You said:

Quote:
Yes, you simply have to provide a configDescriptionURI in the ChannelType constructor and then implement a ConfigDescriptionProvider that serves the according descriptions.

But than you said:

Quote:
You cannot add an individual config description to a system channel.

In any case, simple example can be setting the notification rate of the battery channel.

I think there should be a way to add configuration to system channel. My concern is that I don't see how you can define common configuration for a system channel that can be used by different platforms.
Re: System Channel Config Description [message #1705448 is a reply to message #1705423] Sat, 15 August 2015 19:52 Go to previous message
I was referring to this constructor call: https://github.com/eclipse/smarthome/blob/master/bundles/core/org.eclipse.smarthome.core.thing/src/main/java/org/eclipse/smarthome/core/thing/DefaultSystemChannelTypeProvider.java
And there is only this one and only as there is only ONE battery-level system channel. So either this one is changed (by adding configuration parameters) or it is not possible to individually do it just for your thing type (you would rather have to create a channel type yourself).
Previous Topic:Thing Category
Next Topic:Channel marked as advanced
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Sep 24 03:57:10 GMT 2024