Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » C / C++ IDE (CDT) » Reset the system include paths(How to reset the system resolved includes on Linux for GCC)
Reset the system include paths [message #1704226] Sun, 09 August 2015 09:53 Go to next message
Mickey Mouse is currently offline Mickey MouseFriend
Hi,
I've switched to a different linux distribution, restoring the same workspace from the disk I was using with the previous installation.
Though the system includes still resolve to the previous installation, see the attachment. Is there a way to reset them?

Thanks,
MM
Re: Reset the system include paths [message #1704872 is a reply to message #1704226] Mon, 10 August 2015 09:23 Go to previous message
David VavraFriend
Yes,

Select project properties from Project Explorer or Navigator then
C/C++ Build --> Discovery Options --> Clear discovered entries now

Note the tool , configuration and scope selections.
I don't have it enabled in my system. I think it's a nuisance. YMMV.

You should also check
C/C++ General --> Preprocessor Include Paths, Macros, etc.

There's a new button not mentioned in the help file labelled "Clear Entries". Don't really know what it clears and frankly I'm not willing to press it just to experiment. I don't remember using it.

I had a similar problem awhile back when I upgraded to Fedora 22 from F17. The current 5.1.1 gcc headers are present but I can't remember how I made that happen. Possibly it occurred before I disabled discovery. I don't use managed builds but I think these are still necessary to get the indexer to work.

[Updated on: Mon, 10 August 2015 13:50]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic:Open Declaration only in current workspace
Next Topic:Working Sets
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Sep 20 11:25:09 GMT 2024