Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » C / C++ IDE (CDT) » Post build steps(constants and multiple commands)
icon5.gif  Post build steps [message #1703973] Thu, 06 August 2015 09:59 Go to next message
Elmar van Rijnswou is currently offline Elmar van RijnswouFriend
Hello all,

I'm trying to adjust my makefile with some post build steps. However I'm running in 2 problems.

First thing i want to do is to compress the output via a program of mine, but it is not accepting the eclipse variables it seems

-$(proj_dir)/tn_mkimg.exe $(EXE_DIR)/$(PROJECTNAME).bin buildno.txt $(EXE_DIR)/$(PROJECTNAME)_load.bin.lz

The program I'm trying to use is situated in the root of my project. This is the output obtained:

make --no-print-directory post-build
/tn_mkimg.exe /.bin buildno.txt /_load.bin.lz
make[1]: /tn_mkimg.exe: Command not found
make[1]: [post-build] Error 127 (ignored)

I believe that the makerscript constants (What are they actually called?) are not working as i would like.

My second problem is using multiple commands as post build. How can this be achieved? A semicolon is not working, and neither is an ampersand

Thanks so much in advance!

Re: Post build steps [message #1704868 is a reply to message #1703973] Mon, 10 August 2015 08:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Elmar van Rijnswou is currently offline Elmar van RijnswouFriend
Bump
I'm stuck here, and would really like to move on
Re: Post build steps [message #1707505 is a reply to message #1704868] Sun, 06 September 2015 08:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Annamalai Mising name is currently offline Annamalai Mising nameFriend
On 8/10/2015 2:25 PM, Elmar van Rijnswou wrote:
> Bump
> I'm stuck here, and would really like to move on

Hi Elmar

Did you get any solution for Multi Post Build Commands. I am also stuck
at the same step.

Regards
Malai
Re: Post build steps [message #1707511 is a reply to message #1707505] Sun, 06 September 2015 11:18 Go to previous message
David VavraFriend
There doesn't seem to be any context in your post so a lot of guessing is necessary.
Where is the post build step you've shown coming from?
The C/C++ Build ==>Settings ==> Build Steps tab?

If so:

tilde (if that's the first character -- they don't display in this forum) is a shell thing and won't necessarily expand to your home path. There is a $(HOME) variable (in my projects anyway) which is actually an environment variable and may not be set in yours. If it is, use it instead. Also, you probably meant tilde/$(proj_dir) instead of tilde$(proj_dir).

Is $(proj_dir) actually defined? It isn't in my projects. But I do have a variable $(ProjPathDir).

To view what is available go to Project Properties ==> C/C++ Build ==> Build Variables and set the Show System Variables checkbox at the bottom. For Eclispe dynamic variables you may have to pretend to edit them just to view them.

If necessary, you can add variables.

Does this help?

Previous Topic:Convert to a C/C++ project
Next Topic:Remote Launcher issue
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Sep 21 06:30:56 GMT 2024