Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » BPMN 2.0 Modeler » Eclipse BPMN2 Modeler and Activiti Designer metamodels question(About the tools mentioned compatibility at the metamodel level)
Eclipse BPMN2 Modeler and Activiti Designer metamodels question [message #1703159] Wed, 29 July 2015 04:39 Go to next message
Anton Ivanov is currently offline Anton IvanovFriend
Hello,

joining previously asked question:

"The diffrence between activiti designer and eclipse bpmn2 editor [message #899958]
https://www.eclipse.org/forums/index.php/m/899958/?srch=Activiti#msg_899958"

I have a plan to evaluate Eclipse BPMN2.0 Modeler in order to produce BP models for further usage in Activiti BPMN Engine. For Activiti, its own Eclipse Designer could be used for modelling and deployment purposes, but if I also plan to transform models in "BPMN2 to SoaML" way, via EMF capabilities - which tool or the pair is preferred to pick? Thus it's very important for me to know whether BPMN 2.0 metamodels used in Eclipse BPMN2.0 Modeler and in Eclipse Activiti Designer are of any compatibility and OMG BPMN2.0 specification compliant?

Sorry if my question is of trivia, or I missed anything behaves at a glance. I'm quite new to the theme.

Many thanks!
Re: Eclipse BPMN2 Modeler and Activiti Designer metamodels question [message #1711950 is a reply to message #1703159] Tue, 20 October 2015 12:03 Go to previous message
Robert Brodt is currently offline Robert BrodtFriend

The Activiti Designer was originally forked from eclipse BPMN2 Modeler some years ago and has been specialized to work only with the Activiti dialect of BPMN 2.0, whereas BPMN2 Modeler has been designed from the beginning to be extensible (using extension plugins). The problem is that neither tool is really intended to translate BPMN2 from one dialect to another. You may want to consider using XSLT or some other translation tool.
Previous Topic:Eclipse Mars on Debian Jessie with Gnome 3
Next Topic:Extending Resoure element
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 00:01:26 GMT 2024