Skip to main content


Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Sirius » cannot reopen diagram representation after eclipse restart
cannot reopen diagram representation after eclipse restart [message #1703149] Tue, 28 July 2015 21:28 Go to next message
Robert Scott is currently offline Robert ScottFriend
Messages: 15
Registered: June 2015
Junior Member
Hi, I can't seem to resolve this issue. I create an emf genmodel from my xml schema.
next I do generate-all. I also created a viewpoint specification for model. I tried both: 1. export the projects as deployable plugins & fragments and 2. run-as eclipse application. Either way I can use the new generated wizard to create my model and I can edit the new model in the generated model editor and I can enable the viewpoint and create a representation diagram for the new model.

The problem I have is after I save the diagram, if I exit eclipse or close and re-open the project, the diagram can no longer be opened. I can still use create-representation
to create a new diagram for the same model by the old diagram is no longer usable.

I tried the Example basicFamily model and everything works fine.
I find the same behavior on eclipse Mars and eclipse Luna using Sirius 3.0

Any Ideas on how to debug this or what the problem could be?

Thanks,

Rob
Re: cannot reopen diagram representation after eclipse restart [message #1703179 is a reply to message #1703149] Wed, 29 July 2015 07:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Maxime Porhel is currently offline Maxime PorhelFriend
Messages: 500
Registered: July 2009
Location: Nantes, France
Senior Member
Hi Rob,


Le 28/07/2015 23:28, Robert Scott a écrit :
> Hi, I can't seem to resolve this issue. I create an emf genmodel from
> my xml schema.
> next I do generate-all. I also created a viewpoint specification for
> model. I tried both: 1. export the projects as deployable plugins &
> fragments and 2. run-as eclipse application. Either way I can use the
> new generated wizard to create my model and I can edit the new model in
> the generated model editor and I can enable the viewpoint and create a
> representation diagram for the new model.

This indicates that the link to the semantic model have been serialized
without issue (like in your preceding post).

> The problem I have is after I save the diagram, if I exit eclipse or
> close and re-open the project, the diagram can no longer be opened. I
> can still use create-representation
> to create a new diagram for the same model by the old diagram is no
> longer usable.

I think you should look into the aird in text mode to see how the link
between your diagram and the semantic element on which you created it
has been serialized:

<ownedRepresentations xmi:type="diagram:DSemanticDiagram"
xmi:id="_mKjv0BXPEeWwcbvMkwT-CQ" name="MyDiagramName">
[...]
<target xmi:type="ecore:EPackage" href="YouSemanticModel.xxx#/"/>
</ownedRepresentations>



>
> I tried the Example basicFamily model and everything works fine.
> I find the same behavior on eclipse Mars and eclipse Luna using Sirius 3.0
>
> Any Ideas on how to debug this or what the problem could be?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Rob

Regards

--
Maxime - Obeo

Need professional services for Sirius?
http://www.obeodesigner.com/sirius


Maxime Porhel - Obeo

Need training or professional services for Sirius?
http://www.obeodesigner.com/sirius
Re: cannot reopen diagram representation after eclipse restart [message #1703256 is a reply to message #1703179] Wed, 29 July 2015 20:51 Go to previous message
Robert Scott is currently offline Robert ScottFriend
Messages: 15
Registered: June 2015
Junior Member
Thanks again Maxime,

Found the problem. Looking at my .aird file my root target was:
<target xmi:type="" href="test.mo" />

My viewpoint specification model I had domain class=DocumentRoot for the root Diagram Description element. Changing this to the true root element of my schema plus adding a namespace to my schema I now get a valid target type in the .aird file and I can reopen my diagrams after restarting eclipse.

For some reason DocumentRoot is being added to my model hierarchy and is shown in the model create wizard so that's why I had used it in the design description.

Thanks so much for the help.

Rob
Previous Topic:EEF for Sirius 3
Next Topic:Sirius viewpoint unavailable after eclipse restart
Goto Forum:
  


Current Time: Thu Jan 21 19:10:21 GMT 2021

Powered by FUDForum. Page generated in 0.01473 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.

Powered by: FUDforum 3.0.2.
Copyright ©2001-2010 FUDforum Bulletin Board Software

Back to the top