Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Gemini » Gemini JPA / EclipseLink Problem in e4 RCP Application(*** FATAL ERROR *** Could not create data source for com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerDriver)
Gemini JPA / EclipseLink Problem in e4 RCP Application [message #1703002] Mon, 27 July 2015 20:39 Go to next message
Dominic Hilsbos is currently offline Dominic HilsbosFriend
I'm not completely certain where my issue is coming from i.e. EclipseLink or Gemini JPA, so I'm hoping that's the first thing you can point me to.

When my application starts up I'm getting this on the console:
[EL Config]: metadata: 2015-07-27 13:26:03.641--ServerSession(675233602)--Thread(Thread[Refresh Thread: Equinox Container: 00913eb3-9d34-0015-1b66-dbde7e24aedc,5,main])--The alias name for the entity class [class <snip>] is being defaulted to: <snip>.
WARNING: DataSourceFactory service for com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerDriver was not found. EMF service not registered.

And when I go to use JPA in the application, I get this:
*** FATAL ERROR *** Could not create data source for com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerDriver

The lines that start with [EL Config] suggest (to me at least) that JPA is starting up, and is reading my persistence.xml file.

I just switched the application from Gemini JPA 1.1.0.RELEASE and EclipseLink 2.4 to Gemini JPA 1.2.0.M01 and EclipseLink 2.6 in an effort to fix the issue, but it hasn't helped. (To be clear, the issue did occur with the release Gemini JPA, and is still occurring with the newer Gemini JPA).

I've attached my persistence.xml file (redacted...), since I can't inline it here.

Should I be looking in Gemini or in EclipseLink for the solution to this issue?

I've tried Googling the issue, but don't get useful results.

I'm less concerned for the first issue (the WARNING), and more concerned for the second issue.

My next step is to set the individual connection properties, and drop the URL, maybe that will work.

*edit* I realized I should have mentioned that the SQL Server JDBC driver jar is in the lib folder of the project, and should be set to export with the project. lib is also declared as part of the bundle class path in the manifest file.

Thank you for taking the time to read my post.

Dominic Hilsbos

[Updated on: Mon, 27 July 2015 20:41]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Gemini JPA / EclipseLink Problem in e4 RCP Application [message #1703008 is a reply to message #1703002] Mon, 27 July 2015 21:27 Go to previous message
Dominic Hilsbos is currently offline Dominic HilsbosFriend
After changing my persistence.xml, I got a ClassNotFoundException, which told me that EclipseLink couldn't find my jdbc driver.

I found my error, it was in the Bundle-Classpath.

I had: .,lib/
What I needed was; .,lib/sqljdbc41.jar

Thank you to all who looked at this.

Dominic Hilsbos
Previous Topic:ECF proxies when using Gemini Blueprint
Next Topic:Test using AbstractConfigurableBundleCreatorTests
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Jul 27 10:28:51 GMT 2024