Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Jubula » Configure a project with several toolkits ?
Configure a project with several toolkits ? [message #1702691] Fri, 24 July 2015 07:20 Go to next message
Romain Vianef is currently offline Romain VianefFriend
Hello everybody,

Here are my problem and my question.
In my case, I use a RCP application so I configured my project with a RCP toolkit. But during my automated tests with Jubula, there are some elements whose aren't recognized by Jubula.
In fact, these elements aren't RCP components but I recognized HTML components (hypertext links), AWT/SWING components (tree), kind of array and maybe others... And that, I didn't know and it was a surprise because for me, a RCP application only uses RCP components.

I understood the control on the application depends on the choosen toolkit. So with my setup, I can only interact with the RCP elements.

So one day, could we configure a project with several toolkits ?

Thanks for your time.

[Updated on: Fri, 24 July 2015 12:04]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Configure a project with several toolkits ? [message #1702906 is a reply to message #1702691] Mon, 27 July 2015 10:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Alexandra Schladebeck is currently offline Alexandra SchladebeckFriend
Hi Romain,

It's possible to specify a project as "concrete" which will allow different AUTs to be started and tested (with the actions that are in the concrete toolkit and therefore valid for all AUT types).
However, we don't have a concept for integrating HTML actions within the same AUT as RCP actions I'm afraid.

Best regards,
Alex
Re: Configure a project with several toolkits ? [message #1702936 is a reply to message #1702906] Mon, 27 July 2015 12:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Alex,

Thanks for your answer. I'm gonna make a test tomorrow.
For the HTML actions, it's just optional.

Best regards,
Romain
Re: Configure a project with several toolkits ? [message #1703056 is a reply to message #1702936] Tue, 28 July 2015 11:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Alex,

I tested my program and there isn't modification.

But I got another question.
When we use replaceText function (and maybe other functions), I saw there is a "default event handler" step included in the Test Result. In the application, there are text fields whose use a tabulation, it's automatic when the user enters the good number of characters. And I can't change that because it's required by the company (time saving for the testers).

I have this error detail in the properties of Replace Text function :
Type : Action Error
Error Description : Timeout received before confirming the posted event

Is there a way to desactivate this step ?

Best Regards,
Romain.

[Updated on: Tue, 28 July 2015 11:43]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Configure a project with several toolkits ? [message #1703058 is a reply to message #1703056] Tue, 28 July 2015 11:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Alexandra Schladebeck is currently offline Alexandra SchladebeckFriend
If I understand correctly, the tabulation moves the focus from the text field once the correct number of characters is entered, yes? And this leads to timeout errors in your tests.
Let me know if I've understood it properly, and also attach the rc_rcp log for the time when the test fails.

As a workaround you should be able to use "copy text to clipboard" followed by ctrl+v in the textfield - this should help until I find out if there's anything we can change.

best regards,
Alex
Re: Configure a project with several toolkits ? [message #1703059 is a reply to message #1703058] Tue, 28 July 2015 11:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yes, that's it. The focus moves to the next text field.
Where can I find this log ?

i'm going to try this other function.

Thanks for your answer.
Re: Configure a project with several toolkits ? [message #1703061 is a reply to message #1703059] Tue, 28 July 2015 11:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Here is the log file.
  • Attachment: rc_rcp.log
    (Size: 155.50KB, Downloaded 91 times)
Re: Configure a project with several toolkits ? [message #1703068 is a reply to message #1703061] Tue, 28 July 2015 12:31 Go to previous message
Thanks Alex for the solution.
For the replaceText, I did this process :

replaceText(word)

||

CopyToClipboard(word)
Clic on the choosen component
KeyCombination_CTRL_V

Regarding replaceText function, I noticed it didn't work at 100%. Sometimes, the word is cut.
Example :
Entry = toto
On the screen = to
Do you think I need to use the wait function before replaceText (because of the speed of mouse) ?
Previous Topic:Starting AUT failing with error.
Next Topic:Jubula autagent, testexec and dbtool don't work on ubuntu
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun Sep 01 05:45:48 GMT 2024