Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » EMF » CDO - What happened to the Couchbase IStore implementation?(CDO - What happened to the Couchbase IStore implementation?)
CDO - What happened to the Couchbase IStore implementation? [message #1702469] Wed, 22 July 2015 14:16 Go to next message
Adam Flinton is currently offline Adam FlintonFriend
Dear All,

I am looking around for possible alternative storage engines for a large cdo/emf model collection.

I spotted a bunch of commits wrt couchbase which was an engine I was considering e.g.:

/couchbase/plugins/org.eclipse.emf.cdo.tests.couchbase/src/org/eclipse/emf/cdo/tests/couchbase/AllTestsCouchbase.java

& was wondering if it ever got to a useable stage? Whether couchbase was a good platform for cdo/emf etc?

i.e. was there a reason apart from lack of time that it was never finished to the degree of making it onto the list of cdo istores?

If not then any ideas wrt how much time it would require & if so.....if it would be worth it? (i.e. if there is not some fundamental problem with it as a solution).

TIA

Adam
Re: CDO - What happened to the Couchbase IStore implementation? [message #1702504 is a reply to message #1702469] Wed, 22 July 2015 18:38 Go to previous message
Eike Stepper is currently offline Eike StepperFriend
Am 22.07.2015 um 16:59 schrieb Adam Flinton:
> Dear All,
>
> I am looking around for possible alternative storage engines for a large cdo/emf model collection.
>
> I spotted a bunch of commits wrt couchbase which was an engine I was considering e.g.:
>
> /couchbase/plugins/org.eclipse.emf.cdo.tests.couchbase/src/org/eclipse/emf/cdo/tests/couchbase/AllTestsCouchbase.java
I vaguely remember that a "formerly active" CDO committer brought this topic up but I thought that never resulted in
working code and commits. Maybe Vik remembers...

>
> & was wondering if it ever got to a useable stage?
I doubt it. Not in CDO. Maybe somewhere else?

> Whether couchbase was a good platform for cdo/emf etc?
I don't know enough about Couchbase to answer this question ;-(

> i.e. was there a reason apart from lack of time that it was never finished to the degree of making it onto the list of
> cdo istores?
Maybe Vik remembers that...

>
> If not then any ideas wrt how much time it would require & if so.....if it would be worth it? (i.e. if there is not
> some fundamental problem with it as a solution).
As I don't know much about Couchbase I would roughly estimate something between two and six weeks. But only if it
(unlike for example MongoDB) supports proper transactions with ACID properties.

Cheers
/Eike

----
http://www.esc-net.de
http://thegordian.blogspot.com
http://twitter.com/eikestepper

Previous Topic:Set field value problem
Next Topic:CDO - What is the best persistence / IStore for large EMF datasets?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 14:48:54 GMT 2024