Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » C / C++ IDE (CDT) » Error while installing AVR Eclipse Plugin in Linux(Install)
Error while installing AVR Eclipse Plugin in Linux [message #1702395] Wed, 22 July 2015 06:09 Go to next message
Fs Blaze is currently offline Fs BlazeFriend
Hello Everyone,

I got the latest lubuntu op system running and already installed Eclipse Platform Version: 3.8.1. I am new to linux and to eclipse too.

My goal is to use eclipse for AVR programming in linux environment. I tried to follow some tutorials. They say to follow these few steps.:

[Help] -> [Install new software] -> [Work with] :site link

After i have added that link eclipse says Could not find that site link

I actually tried another method which worked for me in windows. In Windows I added the content.jar file and could install the AVR plugin. I tried to do the same in linux. However i got the following error:

An error occurred while collecting items to be installed
session context was:(profile=PlatformProfile, phase=org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.engine.phases.Collect, operand=, action=).
Artifact not found: jar:file:/home/kechua/Asztal/AVR%20Eclipse%20Plugin/artifacts.jar!/plugins/de.innot.avreclipse.core_2.4.2.jar. (...)

Is there a way to install AVR Eclipse Plugin in linux?
Re: Error while installing AVR Eclipse Plugin in Linux [message #1702465 is a reply to message #1702395] Wed, 22 July 2015 13:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Tauno Voipio is currently offline Tauno VoipioFriend
Open your Eclipse, go to
[Help] -> [Eclipse Marketplace] and type AVR into the search box.

--

Tauno Voipio
Re: Error while installing AVR Eclipse Plugin in Linux [message #1702592 is a reply to message #1702465] Thu, 23 July 2015 12:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
There's no Eclipse Marketplace in Help.

I found [Help] -> [ Install New Software] -> [WOrk with: (I then selected) Indigo Update Site.: http://download.eclipse.org/releases/indigo/
Checked Application Development Frameworks then searched for 'AVR'. Result: Program freezes. I tried again and got the same result.
Re: Error while installing AVR Eclipse Plugin in Linux [message #1702602 is a reply to message #1702592] Thu, 23 July 2015 13:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Tauno Voipio is currently offline Tauno VoipioFriend
You should have the Marketplace Client feature installed.

Go to the Install New software, select your Eclipse base repository and look at General Purpose Tools -> Marketplace Client.

(The instructions are for Luna, I do not have older versions at hand).

Install it if it is missing and try again.

You may need to also install the GCC-AVR package from your Linux distribution repository.

--

Tauno Voipio
Re: Error while installing AVR Eclipse Plugin in Linux [message #1702833 is a reply to message #1702602] Sat, 25 July 2015 13:16 Go to previous message
Thanks a lot it worked.
Previous Topic:Extended Project Explorer view is not refreshing on build
Next Topic:Editor shows "Symbol could not be resolved" although declared
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 03:31:16 GMT 2024