Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » Epsilon » [ETL]How to transform a Source model into an arbitrary number of target models ? ([ETL]How to transform a Source model into an arbitrary number of target models ?)
[ETL]How to transform a Source model into an arbitrary number of target models ? [message #1702376] Tue, 21 July 2015 21:37 Go to next message
mana zargar is currently offline mana zargarFriend
Hi all,

I need to know how to transform a source model into an arbitrary number of target models which conforms to different target metamodels using ETL ? Is there any examples that can help me ?

Thank you
Mana
Re: [ETL]How to transform a Source model into an arbitrary number of target models ? [message #1702414 is a reply to message #1702376] Wed, 22 July 2015 08:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Antonio Garcia-Dominguez is currently offline Antonio Garcia-DominguezFriend

Hi Mana,

With "an arbitrary number of target models", do you mean that the number of target models and their metamodels are not known in advance?

If so, that's a bit of a problem, because AFAIK the ETL script needs to specify in advance the target model elements for each rule, which types they conform to and how to obtain the target model elements from the source element.

I guess you'd need to implement your own plugin and have it generate an ETL script on the fly with your desired transformation, set it up and run it.

Also, could you please elaborate a bit more on why you would need this? With more information, perhaps we could think of something a bit simpler.

No problem
Antonio
Re: [ETL]How to transform a Source model into an arbitrary number of target models ? [message #1702500 is a reply to message #1702414] Wed, 22 July 2015 18:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mana zargar is currently offline mana zargarFriend
Hi Antonio,

Actully I mean the number of metamodels are known.For example, assume that there are two known metamodels in the target side, the first one is the target metamodel, and the second one is the trace metamodel .

I would like to see an example of ETL transformation that run on a source model and generate the target model and the trace model as well. This statement is part of the chapter 5 of the ebook which says "it is often essential to be able to access/update additional models during a transformation (such as trace or configuration models). Building on the facilities provided by EMC and EOL, ETL enables specification of transformations that can transform an arbitrary number of source models into an arbitrary number of target models."

could you please explain this more for me or provide me with an example.

Thank you
Mana

Re: [ETL]How to transform a Source model into an arbitrary number of target models ? [message #1702710 is a reply to message #1702500] Fri, 24 July 2015 08:57 Go to previous message
Antonio Garcia-Dominguez is currently offline Antonio Garcia-DominguezFriend

Hi Mana,

You can export the trace information collected by ETL for later tasks using the exportTransformationTrace of the <epsilon.etl> Ant task, as described in section 13.5.3. We have an example that uses it:

https://git.eclipse.org/c/epsilon/org.eclipse.epsilon.git/plain/examples/org.eclipse.epsilon.examples.oo2db/

The example also produces a Trace model explicitly from the trace produced by ETL, so it should illustrate quite well how to produce an arbitrary number of models conforming to different metamodels.

No problem,
Antonio
Previous Topic:[ETL] Deletion of Elements
Next Topic:[ETL] EClass.all not returns EClass from referenced packages
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 06:07:02 GMT 2024