Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Rich Client Platform (RCP) » Composite setBounds on Canvas does not work on Mac(Setting absolute bounds of a Composite on Canvas does not work in Mac)
Composite setBounds on Canvas does not work on Mac [message #1702252] Tue, 21 July 2015 05:17 Go to next message
Amey Pande is currently offline Amey PandeFriend
Hello Experts,
I am using Eclipse 3.8 for my imaging application. The main image is displayed on a Canvas and to show the overview, I have added another composite on the Canvas. I am setting the Canvas layout to null and for the overview composite I try to set its bounds manually by calling setBounds method.

This works absolutely well for Windows. I see the overview composite at a desired place on Canvas. But for Mac and Linux, the overview canvas is not visible. Doing more investigation I see that the overview canvas is hidden behind Canvas.

Can you help me how I can solve the issue?

Thank you for your help.
Amey.
Re: Composite setBounds on Canvas does not work on Mac [message #1702345 is a reply to message #1702252] Tue, 21 July 2015 16:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eclipse UserFriend
Hmm, I'm not an expert on SWT internals, but I've never tried embedding a Canvas as a child widget of a Canvas. I imagine you'd have more success if you instead hosted both Canvas widgets within a Composite with a null layout, and then explicitly managed the Z order with moveAbove() and moveBelow().

Brian.
Re: Composite setBounds on Canvas does not work on Mac [message #1702399 is a reply to message #1702345] Wed, 22 July 2015 06:47 Go to previous message
Amey Pande is currently offline Amey PandeFriend
Tried that. but did not help Sad
Previous Topic:Project Explorer in Eclipse 4(Mars) RCP
Next Topic:How to make Eclipse IDE distribution
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Sep 20 19:03:38 GMT 2024