|Re: Advice requested: Best route for upgrade from version 2.2.1? [message #1702377 is a reply to message #1702230]
||Tue, 21 July 2015 21:40
| Winston Prakash
Registered: August 2011
Location: Fremont, CA USA
Hi Matthew, theoretically pointing Hudson 3.3.0 to your production 2.2.1 home should work. Unfortunately practically that may not be the case. I would suggest the following.|
- Take a full backup of your Hudson 2.2.1 home
- Start Hudson 3.3.0 with alternate hudson home (make sure it does not use your production 2.2.1 home). Also make sure you use JDK 7 or greater
- Complete the initial setup
- Setup Team Management if you prefer to have fine grained team based authorization
- Install all required plugins (exactly the ones in your production)
- Add couple of slaves to Hudson 3.3.0.
- Create couple of builds and see everything works fine
- Now copy few jobs from your production home to 3.3.0 home and restart 3.3.0 and make sure the jobs builds fine.
If everything woks well for your satisfaction you could do one of two things
- Copy config.xml and jobs directory to Hudson 3.3.0 home (remove both in destination) and restart Hudson 3.3.0 (this is recommended)
- Point Hudson 3.3.0 to your production 2.2.1 home (again make sure you fully backed up the directory first)
- If you are using JNLP slaves make sure it is restarted with new JNLP from Hudson 3.30 (make sure to use JDK 7 or greater)
- If using SSH slaves, remove slave.jar from slave home and let Hudson re-install the jar
- In both case remove the library caching and maven caching at slave home
Best of luck.
Eclipse Hudson team
Powered by FUDForum
. Page generated in 0.04246 seconds