Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » RCP Testing Tool » How to add arguments and switches to AUT
How to add arguments and switches to AUT [message #1701737] Wed, 15 July 2015 09:52 Go to next message
Jeevan Rex is currently offline Jeevan RexFriend
Hi,

Usually when I start my AUT from terminal, I will use command like for example
$ ./appname.bin 

This is internally called from RCPTT when it calls AUT. But some times I have to pass some arguments and switches. How shall I do that? Take for example the following,
$ ./appname.bin -data @NoDefault 

How can call my AUT using these parameters or arguments and switches?

Kindly let me know.

Thanks
Jeevan
Re: How to add arguments and switches to AUT [message #1701776 is a reply to message #1701737] Wed, 15 July 2015 14:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Matias Pentreath is currently offline Matias PentreathFriend
Hi Jeevan

If in the application tab you click on one of the buttons to open the launch configuration of your AUT and then you click in Advanced, you have the classic Eclipse launch configuration where you can add Arguments to launch your AUT.
Re: How to add arguments and switches to AUT [message #1701981 is a reply to message #1701737] Fri, 17 July 2015 09:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ulyana Skorokhodova is currently offline Ulyana SkorokhodovaFriend
Hi Jeevan,

Please see http://www.xored.com/2013/09/03/how-to-pass-a-value-to-a-test-during-its-execution/.

Kind regards,
Ulyana.
Re: How to add arguments and switches to AUT [message #1702570 is a reply to message #1701981] Thu, 23 July 2015 10:31 Go to previous message
Jeevan Rex is currently offline Jeevan RexFriend
Hi Ulyana,

I am not clear about what that link is about to say and I am not able to get my desired output using that. I don't want to pass VM arguments. I want to pass a Runtime Configuration argument which changes the behaviour of my application when I pass -data @noDefault while calling it.
For example:
When I call it "./appname.bin it opens normaly with an already default workspace
When I call it "./appname.bin -data @noDefault" it will not take any default workspace and will ask me for choosing an workspace

Hi Matias,

I can do that, but I want to do this only for one particular test case and not for the entire AUT.

Kindly let me know how to solve this.

Thank you all
Jeevan

[Updated on: Mon, 27 July 2015 09:55]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic:RCPTT IDE REPORT not valid
Next Topic:Close view inside rcptt
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 00:56:50 GMT 2024