Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Sapphire » Can custom contributors be added to ValidationMarkerPresentaton?
Can custom contributors be added to ValidationMarkerPresentaton? [message #1700490] Thu, 02 July 2015 23:15 Go to next message
Slava Kabanovich is currently offline Slava KabanovichFriend
Implementation of org.eclipse.sapphire.ui.swt.gef.presentation.ValidationMarkerPresentation fills SYSTEM_CONTRIBUTORS and it seems that there is no way to add a custom section, or a custom action to section 'Actions'. May I request for API that would let add contributors in validation marker presentation?

Though, useful additions that I have in mind are related to problem items, so that I would request also for an enhancement of the problem item presentation. One contributor of interest might be 'Quick Fix', bound to its respective problem (maybe an image button near problem description when quick fixes for the problem are available). The other two - Show in source, and Show in Properties view, also bound to each problem - all these together might be implemented with context menu on a selected problem in the list of problems Quick Fix / Show in source / Show in properties / ...(extensions)...
Currently, there is action 'Show in source' in section 'Actions', but it selects the entire xml element rather than a selected problem in the problem list.
Re: Can custom contributors be added to ValidationMarkerPresentaton? [message #1700732 is a reply to message #1700490] Mon, 06 July 2015 17:26 Go to previous message
Shenxue Zhou is currently offline Shenxue ZhouFriend
Currently we hard code the sections/actions shown in the content assist dialog brought up when the validation marker is pressed. Please open an enhancement request to allow customization of validation marker's content assist dialog.
Previous Topic:Bug in feature dependencies in 8.2
Next Topic:Announcing Sapphire 8.2 Release
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Mar 19 08:12:54 GMT 2024