Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » TMF (Xtext) » Redirect Generator Output into another Workspace Project(Create generated artifacts not in the "source" project of the Xtext files but in a folder in another (workspace) project)
Redirect Generator Output into another Workspace Project [message #1700387] Thu, 02 July 2015 10:10 Go to next message
Johannes Wachter is currently offline Johannes WachterFriend
Hi,

I currently have a use case where I would like to set the Output of a generator in the IDE scenario not to a folder in the same project but have all generated files be created in another project in the same workspace.

After looking a bit into the documentation and code I couldn't yet figure out a clean way to achieve that.

The only way it currently works in a test project is using the "virtual" folder feature of Eclipse to create a "generated" folder in each project that redirects to another project.

Though this is no solution in my real project as the target projects are plain Maven projects.

Is there any API in XText/Eclipse I overlooked?
Re: Redirect Generator Output into another Workspace Project [message #1700388 is a reply to message #1700387] Thu, 02 July 2015 10:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Christian Dietrich is currently offline Christian DietrichFriend
IOutputConfigurationProvider?

Twitter : @chrdietrich
Blog : https://www.dietrich-it.de
Re: Redirect Generator Output into another Workspace Project [message #1700393 is a reply to message #1700387] Thu, 02 July 2015 11:24 Go to previous message
Karsten Thoms is currently offline Karsten ThomsFriend

The output configuration is fine when the relative path of the project is known. But when the project location must be evaluated by the project's name, there is some more work to do.

You will need an extension of OutputConfiguration that has an addition property for the project name. Further, you'll need an extension of EclipseOutputConfigurationProvider and EclipseResourceFileSystemAccess2 that consider this property.

If the generator is also to be used outside of the IDE, then there is additional work to do to simulate the project-to-path mapping.

Need professional support for Xtext, EMF, Eclipse IDE?
Go to: http://devhub.karakun.com
Twitter : @kthoms
Blog : www.karsten-thoms.de
Previous Topic:Editor won't open
Next Topic:How to disable OneWhitespaceFormatter
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon Sep 23 08:46:17 GMT 2024