Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » TMF (Xtext) » Error "Couldn't resolve reference to JvmType" when using XImportSection and JvmTypeReferen
Error "Couldn't resolve reference to JvmType" when using XImportSection and JvmTypeReferen [message #1700375] Thu, 02 July 2015 08:54 Go to next message
Manisha Ghule is currently offline Manisha GhuleFriend
Hi,

I am writing grammar (inheriting from Xtype) where I need to import and refer types from other packages. Hence I made use of XImportSection and JvmTypeReference.
In my DSL, import statements do not show any error; but when using the imported type, I get following error:
Couldn't resolve reference to JvmType 'myImportType'

I tried following domainmodel example with same case and getting same error:
grammar... with org.eclipse.xtext.xbase.Xtype

generate myDsl ..

EntityModel:
	'package' name=QualifiedName
	importSection=XImportSection?
	elements+=AbstractElement*;

AbstractElement:
	Entity;

Entity:
	'entity' name=ValidID ('extends' superType=JvmParameterizedTypeReference)? '{'
		features+=Feature*
	'}';

Feature:
	Property;

Property:
	name=ValidID ':' type=JvmTypeReference;

There might be some minor thing that I missed; but I am not able to get it.
Could anyone please provide help.
Re: Error "Couldn't resolve reference to JvmType" when using XImportSection and JvmTypeRef [message #1700521 is a reply to message #1700375] Fri, 03 July 2015 08:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Christian Dietrich is currently offline Christian DietrichFriend
you inherit from xtype. then the bindings are not done right.
so inherit from xbase or fix the bindings e.g.

public void configureIScopeProviderDelegate(com.google.inject.Binder binder) {
		binder.bind(org.eclipse.xtext.scoping.IScopeProvider.class).annotatedWith(com.google.inject.name.Names.named(org.eclipse.xtext.scoping.impl.AbstractDeclarativeScopeProvider.NAMED_DELEGATE)).to(org.eclipse.xtext.xbase.scoping.XImportSectionNamespaceScopeProvider.class);
	}

and please file a ticket for that

Twitter : @chrdietrich
Blog : https://www.dietrich-it.de
Re: Error "Couldn't resolve reference to JvmType" when using XImportSection and JvmTypeRef [message #1700539 is a reply to message #1700521] Fri, 03 July 2015 12:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thank you Christian.

My first choice was using Xbase since I also need to support expressions in my DSL; however I was facing issues with scoping and my expressions do not contain assignments. So stuck to Xtype.

However, binding fixes import issue.
I am using Xtext 2.7.3 version. I will first verify the issue on latest Xtext version and file a ticket
Re: Error "Couldn't resolve reference to JvmType" when using XImportSection and JvmTypeRef [message #1700687 is a reply to message #1700539] Mon, 06 July 2015 13:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi,

I tried to check mentioned issue on Xtext 2.8.3 (Eclipse Luna SR2); but I am not able to create my dsl in the first place. Getting following errors:

java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/eclipse/xtext/xbase/serializer/XtypeSemanticSequencer
 java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.eclipse.xtext.xbase.serializer.XtypeSemanticSequencer cannot be found by org.xtext.example.mydsl_1.0.0.qualifier
Re: Error "Couldn't resolve reference to JvmType" when using XImportSection and JvmTypeRef [message #1700690 is a reply to message #1700687] Mon, 06 July 2015 13:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
maybe you should add deps to xbase to manifest.mf

Re: Error "Couldn't resolve reference to JvmType" when using XImportSection and JvmTypeRef [message #1700698 is a reply to message #1700690] Mon, 06 July 2015 14:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Filed a ticket: https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=471923
Re: Error "Couldn't resolve reference to JvmType" when using XImportSection and JvmTypeRef [message #1703192 is a reply to message #1700690] Wed, 29 July 2015 09:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Christian,

I am facing another issue with accessing types from same package.
I need to explicitly write an import statement for types present in same package.

Any idea how to avoid this?
Re: Error "Couldn't resolve reference to JvmType" when using XImportSection and JvmTypeRef [message #1703196 is a reply to message #1703192] Wed, 29 July 2015 09:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nope you have to digg into the importednamespacewarelocalscopeprovider (maybe there is no implicit Import created)

Re: Error "Couldn't resolve reference to JvmType" when using XImportSection and JvmTypeRef [message #1703820 is a reply to message #1703196] Wed, 05 August 2015 08:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
tam ay is currently offline tam ayFriend
No Message Body
Re: Error "Couldn't resolve reference to JvmType" when using XImportSection and JvmTypeRef [message #1707666 is a reply to message #1703196] Tue, 08 September 2015 12:26 Go to previous message
Hi,

Could not check this issue in the meantime due to other work.
But, checked now and got following solution:
Implement MyDslXImportSectionNamespaceScopeProvider (similar to this post ) and replace XImportSectionNamespaceScopeProvider binding in RuntimeModule with this provider.

Note: I also had to implement MyDslQualifiedNameProvider
Previous Topic:Test Content-Assist withing maven build
Next Topic:xmi model of ecore to xtext model
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 21:45:54 GMT 2024