Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Eclipse Scout » How pass information between different Form(Better way)
How pass information between different Form [message #1700256] Wed, 01 July 2015 09:36 Go to next message
marco giudici is currently offline marco giudiciFriend
Hi all,
I have the following situation for the moment in my little project in Scout with Luna:
I have a main form that I use for different search in two different DB Oracle to compare the value and a second one where the users can modify the configuration, for example the DB connection info, etc.
The main form obviously depends directly from the information defined in the second one.

Now my problem is: find the better way to pass the information from the configuration form to the main form.

I hope I was clear in my request.
Thanks in advance for any help.
Re: How pass information between different Form [message #1700348 is a reply to message #1700256] Thu, 02 July 2015 05:58 Go to previous message
Urs Beeli is currently offline Urs BeeliFriend
You don't specify exactly what your setup is, but if your main form is creating and showing the second form, it should be fairly easy to make the second form's formData available to the main form:

// some (incomplete) code snippets
class MainForm extends AbstractForm {
SecondFormData secondFormData = null;
public void showSecondForm() {
SecondForm form = new SecondForm();
form.startNew();
form.waitFor();
secondFormData = form.getFormData();
// from now on, the last state of SecondForm is available in main form
}

If this is not what you wanted to know, you'll need to be a bit clearer in what it is that you want to achieve.
Previous Topic:[Blog Post] Eclipse DemoCamp Zurich, 24.6.2015
Next Topic:missing checkboxes on SDK
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Sep 19 20:57:14 GMT 2024