Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Eclipse Communications Framework (ECF) » Easiest way to set up ECF for a multiclient sync'd workspace?
icon5.gif  Easiest way to set up ECF for a multiclient sync'd workspace? [message #1700045] Mon, 29 June 2015 19:19 Go to next message
Dakota Dock is currently offline Dakota DockFriend
So, I don't know anything about web servers and how to set them up and I'm trying to find a way to use ECF to have a workspace where both myself and a friend can work on our project at the same time with everything in sync. Something as simple as "Download, install, type this stuff, do this in Eclipse, voila" would be perfectly fine, I just really want to set this up. Thanks in advance!
Re: Easiest way to set up ECF for a multiclient sync'd workspace? [message #1700203 is a reply to message #1700045] Tue, 30 June 2015 16:21 Go to previous message
Scott Lewis is currently offline Scott LewisFriend
Dakota Dock wrote on Mon, 29 June 2015 15:19
So, I don't know anything about web servers and how to set them up and I'm trying to find a way to use ECF to have a workspace where both myself and a friend can work on our project at the same time with everything in sync. Something as simple as "Download, install, type this stuff, do this in Eclipse, voila" would be perfectly fine, I just really want to set this up. Thanks in advance!

It sounds as if you are interested in using the ECF 'DocShare' real-time shared editing capability (i.e. sharing and eclipse editor). Here's a page on it:

https://wiki.eclipse.org/ECF/DocShare_Plugin

and here is a video showing it's use:

https://vimeo.com/1195398

It should be possible to use DocShare over public IM services...such as google talk. I say 'should be' because it is possible that google talk has made it impossible and ECF hasn't been able to actively maintain and continue to test DocShare over the past few years, so it's a bit of an unknown whether it will continue to function as per the video over public services like gmail/google talk.

But if you would like to do this, I will help/agree to do some testing, as it's my desire to test this out again with the public services. Please feel free to contact me directly at slewis at composent.com via email, or scottslewis at gmail.com gmail/google talk account.

Previous Topic:ECF 3.10/Mars Released
Next Topic:ECF Filetransfer Example
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 23 12:23:35 GMT 2024