Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Code Recommenders » [AERI] Server source code
[AERI] Server source code [message #1700006] Mon, 29 June 2015 15:31 Go to next message
Aleksandar Toshovski is currently offline Aleksandar ToshovskiFriend
I see in the preference page of the error reporting, that I can change the address of the server. Is it possible to host the server locally? Where can I find the source code of the aeri server?

is it possible to track a non eclipse plugin errors using the AERI?
Re: [AERI] Server source code [message #1700009 is a reply to message #1700006] Mon, 29 June 2015 15:48 Go to previous message
Marcel Bruch is currently offline Marcel BruchFriend

Please send questions to the EPP forum.

Quote:
I see in the preference page of the error reporting, that I can change the address of the server. Is it possible to host the server locally?

You can point the client to any URL using the preferences. You can also set this value via eclipse.ini or system properties. For SR1 we'll likely make this a little more convenient for external parties.

Quote:
Where can I find the source code of the aeri server?

There is a perl script in EPP logging repository which takes requests and dumps them to disk. You can use it as baseline for your own implementation. The service at eclipse.org is strongly interwoven with the eclipse.org infrastructure and not reusable outside of Eclipse. As such it's not open-source. If you are looking for services, you may contact Codetrails directly.

Quote:
is it possible to track a non eclipse plugin errors using the AERI?

If you looked into the preferences/code you will notice that by default it only logs errors logged by Eclipse.org plugins. This can be customized by modifying the preferences (e.g. in eclipse.ini). Check the PreferenceInitializer class for details.

HTH
Marcel

Previous Topic:Error reporting tool
Next Topic:Setting Snipmatch repositories programmatically
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 00:32:45 GMT 2024