Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Sapphire » How to get the current caret position of a field
How to get the current caret position of a field [message #1699943] Mon, 29 June 2015 12:37 Go to next message
Eclipse UserFriend
I would like to mimic a feature known from some UI parts in Eclipse (especially launch configurations) - inserting a predefined variable. It allows to modify the value of a text field by inserting a special value to the position of the caret.

I'm struggling with how to get the caret position in Sapphire since the model does not propagate such UI-specific info. Is there a way how to implement this which does not involve creating a special field implementation?

Thanks in advance.

[Updated on: Mon, 29 June 2015 12:38] by Moderator

Report message to a moderator

Re: How to get the current caret position of a field [message #1701511 is a reply to message #1699943] Mon, 13 July 2015 18:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Konstantin Komissarchik is currently offline Konstantin KomissarchikFriend
Sorry for the delay in responding. Currently, there is no API available to implement what you are describing. We should add a TextSelectionService similar to the existing ListSelectionService.
Re: How to get the current caret position of a field [message #1706690 is a reply to message #1701511] Fri, 28 August 2015 17:51 Go to previous message
Konstantin Komissarchik is currently offline Konstantin KomissarchikFriend
I had a bit of time recently to implement a ListSelectionService. Take a look and let us know how it worked for your usecase. There is a sample that shows you how to manipulate selection/caret and how to insert at current selection/caret.

https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=474735
Previous Topic:Drag and Drop support for a list of string items
Next Topic:Default values behavior in property editor.
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 09:39:06 GMT 2024