Skip to main content


Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » SWTBot » SWTBot tests inconsistent for Kepler in Windows Virtualized Environment(Latest SWTBot release breaks with Kepler - Is there any solution ? - Can I get the "old" content of the update site ?)
SWTBot tests inconsistent for Kepler in Windows Virtualized Environment [message #1699920] Mon, 29 June 2015 09:42 Go to next message
Patrik Suzzi is currently offline Patrik SuzziFriend
Messages: 86
Registered: June 2010
Location: Imola, Italy
Member

Hallo,

I am using SWTBot to test an Eclipse E4 RCP Application based on Eclipse 4.3 (Kepler).

My SWTBot tests are run as part of a Maven / Tycho Build.

  • The tests are working when launched by Maven from my development workstation.
  • The same tests are failing when launched by the same Maven build in my build server.

Note: My build server is a Windows Virtual Machine, and the Maven build/tests is triggered by TFS / MSBuild.

Now, the surprising behavior is that the same identical tests used to run both in my development environment and in my build server before a particular date, that AFAIR it is the 6th of June 2015.

Bottom line:

  • before 6 June the SWTBot tests used to run both in development and in builld environment.
  • after 6th of June, the SWTBot tests started failing only in build environment
  • there was no code change in my project between the last successful and the first failed build


The error I receive on failure is similar to the following:
"Could not find widget : .. "

As described above, I am pretty sure the widget exists, because the tests are working on my development workstation.
And I am pretty sure the same tests used to work on the build server in previous months.

So, my theory is that there was a change in SWTBot code, and this change has come to the release stream. This resulted in an incompatible behavior in Windows Virtual Environment.


  1. Do you think my theory is correct ?
  2. Can you please tell me how to check the list of changes to the SWTBot repository after a specific date ?
  3. Is it possible to get the all the artifacts in SWTBot p2 repository as of a specific date ? (example: before June 2015)


Kind Regards.
Patrik

[Updated on: Mon, 29 June 2015 21:34]

Report message to a moderator

Re: SWTBot tests inconsistent for Kepler in Windows Virtualized Environment [message #1724281 is a reply to message #1699920] Mon, 22 February 2016 18:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Carlos Humberto Oropeza Ramirez is currently offline Carlos Humberto Oropeza RamirezFriend
Messages: 5
Registered: February 2016
Junior Member
Hi! Did you find a solution for your problem? My test used to work and after a while it stopped working
Re: SWTBot tests inconsistent for Kepler in Windows Virtualized Environment [message #1724290 is a reply to message #1724281] Mon, 22 February 2016 20:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Patrik Suzzi is currently offline Patrik SuzziFriend
Messages: 86
Registered: June 2010
Location: Imola, Italy
Member


I did not find an answer yet. I suspect this is related to the combination of
(a) "Windows Server Virtual Environment" and
(b) the application has a "login dialog" triggering a process to access a DB.

As far as I can understand, the combined effect of the two above results in SWTBot having a weird behaviour.

So, currently, I have two kind of applications on my build server:

- Applications with a Login Dialog, that results SWTBot errors when running on a Windows Virtual Server
- Applications launching a plain Eclipse application, without a login Dialog, that are working fine

I stopped investigating on this direction, but any hint or observation would be extremely useful
Re: SWTBot tests inconsistent for Kepler in Windows Virtualized Environment [message #1724295 is a reply to message #1724290] Mon, 22 February 2016 21:04 Go to previous message
Carlos Humberto Oropeza Ramirez is currently offline Carlos Humberto Oropeza RamirezFriend
Messages: 5
Registered: February 2016
Junior Member
I don't know if is the combination, I don't trigger any DB action and my test fails to retrieve some elements necessaries so I can continue.
If I know something I'll let you know, I've already posted a topic in the forums, hope someone can tell me about this rare error. Thanks for the reply.
Previous Topic:Test used to work. Failing now.
Next Topic:Edit NatTable cell Using SWTBOT
Goto Forum:
  


Current Time: Thu Sep 20 05:04:07 GMT 2018

Powered by FUDForum. Page generated in 0.27986 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.

Powered by: FUDforum 3.0.2.
Copyright ©2001-2010 FUDforum Bulletin Board Software

Back to the top