|SWTBot tests inconsistent for Kepler in Windows Virtualized Environment [message #1699920]
||Mon, 29 June 2015 09:42
| Patrik Suzzi
Registered: February 2018
I am using SWTBot to test an Eclipse E4 RCP Application based on Eclipse 4.3 (Kepler).
My SWTBot tests are run as part of a Maven / Tycho Build.
- The tests are working when launched by Maven from my development workstation.
- The same tests are failing when launched by the same Maven build in my build server.
Note: My build server is a Windows Virtual Machine, and the Maven build/tests is triggered by TFS / MSBuild.
Now, the surprising behavior is that the same identical tests used to run both in my development environment and in my build server before a particular date, that AFAIR it is the 6th of June 2015.
- before 6 June the SWTBot tests used to run both in development and in builld environment.
- after 6th of June, the SWTBot tests started failing only in build environment
- there was no code change in my project between the last successful and the first failed build
The error I receive on failure is similar to the following:
"Could not find widget : .. "
As described above, I am pretty sure the widget exists, because the tests are working on my development workstation.
And I am pretty sure the same tests used to work on the build server in previous months.
So, my theory is that there was a change in SWTBot code, and this change has come to the release stream. This resulted in an incompatible behavior in Windows Virtual Environment.
- Do you think my theory is correct ?
- Can you please tell me how to check the list of changes to the SWTBot repository after a specific date ?
- Is it possible to get the all the artifacts in SWTBot p2 repository as of a specific date ? (example: before June 2015)
[Updated on: Mon, 29 June 2015 21:34] by Moderator
Report message to a moderator
Powered by FUDForum
. Page generated in 0.01753 seconds