Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » Macbook air os x c++ installation and setup(Step by step instructions to install eclipse for c++ on macbook air)
Macbook air os x c++ installation and setup [message #1699888] Sun, 28 June 2015 21:50
Bradley Siesko is currently offline Bradley SieskoFriend
Greetings,

First and foremost this isnmy first post on this forum, so please excuse me if I poated this in the wrong forum.

I am a high school compiter science teacher and have beeen using eclipse on windows machines since 2009. Int the fall my school will distribute macbook air laptops to every student. I have spend many days trying to get eclipse set up for both c++ and java.

I first want to complete the c++ installation in eclipse. I have Eclipse installed on a MacBook Air OS X Yosemite . I can get the default hello world program to build compile and execute. However when I try to create a new C++ project and then add a C++ source file to the project the binaries are not included in the project and will not build or compile. I get a no binaries error.

Can someone please explain step by step instructions on how to create a new C++ project add a C++ source file and then build and execute the file on a Mac OS xoperating system?

Any assistance would help thousands of of my students in the years to come.

Please help me and in turn help develop the next generation of programmers.

Regards,

Previous Topic:Why scanners in the SourceViewerConfiguration and DocumentProvider?
Next Topic:The deployment lifecycle
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 12:09:28 GMT 2024