Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Oomph » Targlet cannot be resolved
Targlet cannot be resolved [message #1699878] Sun, 28 June 2015 10:17 Go to next message
Martin Theiss is currently offline Martin TheissFriend
I have a project, where i depend on the feature "org.eclipse.epp.package.jee.feature.feature.group" from the repository "http://download.eclipse.org/releases/mars".

During execution of the Targlets task, I get exceptions like
ERROR: org.eclipse.equinox.p2.engine code=4 An error occurred while installing the items
  at org.eclipse.oomph.targlets.internal.core.TargletContainer.forceUpdate(TargletContainer.java:661)
  at org.eclipse.oomph.setup.targlets.impl.TargletTaskImpl$4.run(TargletTaskImpl.java:994)
  at org.eclipse.oomph.util.pde.TargetPlatformUtil.runWithTargetPlatformService(TargetPlatformUtil.java:125)
  at org.eclipse.oomph.setup.targlets.impl.TargletTaskImpl.perform(TargletTaskImpl.java:912)
  at org.eclipse.oomph.setup.internal.core.SetupTaskPerformer.doPerformNeededSetupTasks(SetupTaskPerformer.java:2906)
  at org.eclipse.oomph.setup.internal.core.SetupTaskPerformer.access$1(SetupTaskPerformer.java:2865)
  at org.eclipse.oomph.setup.internal.core.SetupTaskPerformer$WorkspaceUtil$1.run(SetupTaskPerformer.java:3950)
  at org.eclipse.core.internal.resources.Workspace.run(Workspace.java:2241)
  at org.eclipse.oomph.setup.internal.core.SetupTaskPerformer$WorkspaceUtil.performNeededSetupTasks(SetupTaskPerformer.java:3944)
  at org.eclipse.oomph.setup.internal.core.SetupTaskPerformer$WorkspaceUtil.access$0(SetupTaskPerformer.java:3942)
  at org.eclipse.oomph.setup.internal.core.SetupTaskPerformer.performNeededSetupTasks(SetupTaskPerformer.java:2856)
  at org.eclipse.oomph.setup.internal.core.SetupTaskPerformer.performTriggeredSetupTasks(SetupTaskPerformer.java:2831)
  at org.eclipse.oomph.setup.internal.core.SetupTaskPerformer.perform(SetupTaskPerformer.java:2762)
  at org.eclipse.oomph.setup.ui.wizards.ProgressPage$9.run(ProgressPage.java:542)
  at org.eclipse.oomph.setup.ui.wizards.ProgressPage$11$1.run(ProgressPage.java:627)
  at org.eclipse.core.internal.jobs.Worker.run(Worker.java:55)
  ERROR: org.eclipse.equinox.p2.engine code=0 session context was:(profile=C__Users_mtheiss_eclipse_oomph-master_ws-75d773e9cd216a824b3b3e6d379b5df838da1d9e, phase=org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.engine.phases.Install, operand=null --> [R]org.eclipse.oomph.gitbash 1.1.0.v20150628-121041, action=org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.touchpoint.eclipse.actions.InstallBundleAction).
  ERROR: org.eclipse.equinox.p2.touchpoint.eclipse code=0 Installable unit contains no artifacts: [R]org.eclipse.oomph.gitbash 1.1.0.v20150628-121041.

It can be reproduced, when you add the requirement and repository to the Oomph project setup file.
index.php/fa/22341/0/

This happens also for other epp package features.
Re: Targlet cannot be resolved [message #1700038 is a reply to message #1699878] Mon, 29 June 2015 18:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eike Stepper is currently offline Eike StepperFriend
Am 29.06.2015 um 14:50 schrieb Martin Theiss:
> I have a project, where i depend on the feature "org.eclipse.epp.package.jee.feature.feature.group" from the repository "http://download.eclipse.org/releases/mars".
>
> During execution of the Targlets task, I get exceptions like
>
> ERROR: org.eclipse.equinox.p2.engine code=4 An error occurred while installing the items
> at org.eclipse.oomph.targlets.internal.core.TargletContainer.forceUpdate(TargletContainer.java:661)
> at org.eclipse.oomph.setup.targlets.impl.TargletTaskImpl$4.run(TargletTaskImpl.java:994)
> at org.eclipse.oomph.util.pde.TargetPlatformUtil.runWithTargetPlatformService(TargetPlatformUtil.java:125)
> at org.eclipse.oomph.setup.targlets.impl.TargletTaskImpl.perform(TargletTaskImpl.java:912)
> at org.eclipse.oomph.setup.internal.core.SetupTaskPerformer.doPerformNeededSetupTasks(SetupTaskPerformer.java:2906)
> at org.eclipse.oomph.setup.internal.core.SetupTaskPerformer.access$1(SetupTaskPerformer.java:2865)
> at org.eclipse.oomph.setup.internal.core.SetupTaskPerformer$WorkspaceUtil$1.run(SetupTaskPerformer.java:3950)
> at org.eclipse.core.internal.resources.Workspace.run(Workspace.java:2241)
> at org.eclipse.oomph.setup.internal.core.SetupTaskPerformer$WorkspaceUtil.performNeededSetupTasks(SetupTaskPerformer.java:3944)
> at org.eclipse.oomph.setup.internal.core.SetupTaskPerformer$WorkspaceUtil.access$0(SetupTaskPerformer.java:3942)
> at org.eclipse.oomph.setup.internal.core.SetupTaskPerformer.performNeededSetupTasks(SetupTaskPerformer.java:2856)
> at org.eclipse.oomph.setup.internal.core.SetupTaskPerformer.performTriggeredSetupTasks(SetupTaskPerformer.java:2831)
> at org.eclipse.oomph.setup.internal.core.SetupTaskPerformer.perform(SetupTaskPerformer.java:2762)
> at org.eclipse.oomph.setup.ui.wizards.ProgressPage$9.run(ProgressPage.java:542)
> at org.eclipse.oomph.setup.ui.wizards.ProgressPage$11$1.run(ProgressPage.java:627)
> at org.eclipse.core.internal.jobs.Worker.run(Worker.java:55)
> ERROR: org.eclipse.equinox.p2.engine code=0 session context was:(profile=C__Users_mtheiss_eclipse_oomph-master_ws-75d773e9cd216a824b3b3e6d379b5df838da1d9e, phase=org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.engine.phases.Install, operand=null --> [R]org.eclipse.oomph.gitbash 1.1.0.v20150628-121041, action=org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.touchpoint.eclipse.actions.InstallBundleAction).
> ERROR: org.eclipse.equinox.p2.touchpoint.eclipse code=0 Installable unit contains no artifacts: [R]org.eclipse.oomph.gitbash 1.1.0.v20150628-121041.
Is that the exact exception from your project model or the one from your attempt to reproduce with Oomph's?

It's questionable whether the milestone repos all still exist. In Oomph.setup we've changed to just the release train
and Orbit a few days ago.

Cheers
/Eike

----
http://www.esc-net.de
http://thegordian.blogspot.com
http://twitter.com/eikestepper

>
>
> It can be reproduced, when you add the requirement and repository to the Oomph project setup file.
>
>
> This happens also for other epp package features.

Re: Targlet cannot be resolved [message #1700328 is a reply to message #1700038] Wed, 01 July 2015 21:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Martin Theiss is currently offline Martin TheissFriend
Quote:
Is that the exact exception from your project model or the one from your attempt to reproduce with Oomph's?

This is the attempt to reproduce it with Oomph's Model.

Quote:
It's questionable whether the milestone repos all still exist. In Oomph.setup we've changed to just the release train
and Orbit a few days ago.

The error still happens with all epp package features. If I add the features of an epp package directly (and miss the product defining feature of it), it is working.
The problem must have something to do with that exact feature, plugins of that feature or p2 configuration. I think EPP has some p2.inf files to modify the content.xml further.

Regards
Martin
Re: Targlet cannot be resolved [message #1700568 is a reply to message #1700328] Fri, 03 July 2015 19:30 Go to previous message
Ed Merks is currently offline Ed MerksFriend
Martin,

Sorry, your question slipped through the cracks...

I wonder if this isn't a problem caused by

https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=470900

I tried to reproduce your problem but couldn't. So you could try
deleting your cache as described in that bug. If the problem persists,
please open a bugzilla with details for reproducing it.

On 01/07/2015 11:09 PM, Martin Theiss wrote:
> Quote:
>> Is that the exact exception from your project model or the one from
>> your attempt to reproduce with Oomph's?
>
>
> This is the attempt to reproduce it with Oomph's Model.
>
> Quote:
>> It's questionable whether the milestone repos all still exist. In
>> Oomph.setup we've changed to just the release train
>> and Orbit a few days ago.
>
>
> The error still happens with all epp package features. If I add the
> features of an epp package directly (and miss the product defining
> feature of it), it is working.
> The problem must have something to do with that exact feature, plugins
> of that feature or p2 configuration. I think EPP has some p2.inf files
> to modify the content.xml further.
>
> Regards
> Martin

Ed Merks
Professional Support: https://www.macromodeling.com/
Previous Topic:Skipping Oomph setup
Next Topic:Where are the supported annotations documented?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 27 01:30:16 GMT 2024