|Unable to work on Papyrus CDO from two instances of Eclipse [message #1699188]
||Mon, 22 June 2015 11:48
| Patrik Jonsson
Registered: January 2015
I fail to get Papyrus CDO to work as before.
A few months ago I was able to install the components necessary and get it up working for a demo - as seen in the demo video by Christian Damus at:
Then I could create a Repository and work with it from two instances of Eclipse.
Now I am somehow unable to get the pieces together so that I can edit the Repository contents from two instances of Eclipse.
Here are the steps that I follow:
1. Download and install: eclipse-modeling-mars-RC3-win32-x86_64
2. Launch eclipse and create a new workspace
3. Download and install Papyrus-Update-1.1.0RC4a
4. Use the update site for CDO (http://download.eclipse.org/modeling/emf/cdo/drops/S20150602-0822/) and install all items from: CDO Model Repository and Net4j Signalling Platform, except CDO Electronic Restaurant Example and CDO Model Repository Tests.
5. Install Papyrus Additional Component, select CDO Model Repository (version 22.214.171.124506101813) and install it.
6. Create cdo-server.xml and put it in the config directory in my Eclipse install with the same contents as in: https://wiki.eclipse.org/Getting_started_with_CDO_Helios
7. Create a Run configuration CDO_Server as described in the same article, choosing the org.eclipse.emf.cdo.server.product.tcp_h2 in "Run a product". However I ignore adding any Arguments.
8. I hit run and the server starts up with the transcript at the bottom of the page.
9. I select the Papyrus perspective and sees the CDO repository tab.
10. I create a new CDO repository with label "Local Repository 1" and Repository name "repo2".
11. I start a new Eclipse instance by double clicking the .exe file.
12. In the new Eclipse instance I switch to Papyrus perspective and can see the new CDO Repositories tab.
13. I connect to an Existing remote repository, finds one called "repo1" at localhost:2036 (two green check marks signaled) and clicks Finish.
14. I create a new Papyrus project Pap22 with a UML language, and a model named "model" and click Finish.
15. I checkout Local repository which then shows up as Remote Repository 1 in Project Explorer.
16. I Import into Repository as Separate Models.
17. I open the model and create new Class Diagram and a Class in it.
18. Then I start another instance of Eclipse.
19. I connect to an Existing remote repository, finds one called "repo1" at localhost:2036 (two green check marks signaled) and clicks Finish.
20. I checkout Local repository which then shows up as Remote Repository 1 in Project Explorer.
21. Then also my Pap22 project shows up with its contained files.
However, now I cannot open those files in the Model explorer of the 2nd instance of Eclipse by double clicking them. How do I do that, so that I can open the diagram and access my Class1?
[INFO] CDO server starting
!SESSION 2015-06-22 10:17:26.438 -----------------------------------------------
BootLoader constants: OS=win32, ARCH=x86_64, WS=win32, NL=sv_SE
Framework arguments: -product org.eclipse.emf.cdo.server.product.tcp_h2
Command-line arguments: -product org.eclipse.emf.cdo.server.product.tcp_h2 -data D:\Workspaces\CDO_150622_02/../runtime-CDO_Server -dev file:D:/Workspaces/CDO_150622_02/.metadata/.plugins/org.eclipse.pde.core/CDO_Server/dev.properties -os win32 -ws win32 -arch x86_64 -consoleLog
!ENTRY org.eclipse.emf.cdo.server 1 0 2015-06-22 10:17:46.490
!MESSAGE CDO server starting
[INFO] Repository configuration manager extension starting
!ENTRY org.eclipse.emf.cdo.server.admin 1 0 2015-06-22 10:17:48.692
!MESSAGE Repository configuration manager extension starting
[INFO] Repository configuration manager extension started
!ENTRY org.eclipse.emf.cdo.server.admin 1 0 2015-06-22 10:17:48.697
!MESSAGE Repository configuration manager extension started
[INFO] Net4j extension starting
!ENTRY org.eclipse.emf.cdo.server.net4j 1 0 2015-06-22 10:17:48.701
!MESSAGE Net4j extension starting
[INFO] Net4j acceptor starting: tcp://0.0.0.0:2036
!ENTRY org.eclipse.net4j 1 0 2015-06-22 10:17:48.749
!MESSAGE Net4j acceptor starting: tcp://0.0.0.0:2036
[INFO] Net4j extension started
!ENTRY org.eclipse.emf.cdo.server.net4j 1 0 2015-06-22 10:17:48.754
!MESSAGE Net4j extension started
[INFO] Security extension starting
!ENTRY org.eclipse.emf.cdo.server.security 1 0 2015-06-22 10:17:48.762
!MESSAGE Security extension starting
[INFO] Security extension started
!ENTRY org.eclipse.emf.cdo.server.security 1 0 2015-06-22 10:17:48.764
!MESSAGE Security extension started
[INFO] CDO server started
!ENTRY org.eclipse.emf.cdo.server 1 0 2015-06-22 10:17:48.766
!MESSAGE CDO server started
Powered by FUDForum
. Page generated in 0.02006 seconds