Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Plugin Development Environment (PDE) » Is eclipse DSF framework some GDB MI enviroment ?(Is there some DSF-based debugger not tied with GDB ?)
Is eclipse DSF framework some GDB MI enviroment ? [message #1699063] Sat, 20 June 2015 01:55
Eugene Kalagin is currently offline Eugene KalaginFriend
Hi all ! I work with some debugger addon, which I want to see as universal as possible. One of the most of it's parts is to capture variables from debugger. Now I'm able to capture from JDT- and DLTK- based debuggers. And want to learn CDT capturing. Unfortunately, DSF (and CDT at all) development documentation is very poor. So my main DSF(and CDT) learning method is hacking and experiments.
(By the way, there is an excellent project for DSF-learning - DDT. D-lang development tools).
Now the result of my researches is the conclusion, that DSF framework tied very closely with GDB MI. Furthermore, I know only two DSF-based development platforms - CDT and DDT. Now I almost can to capture variables from DSF.
But I'm worry, is GDB MI the only possible DSF backend ???
Can I write code, assuming that I newer meet some DSF-based development platform which use something other instead GDB ???

And the second question. I know only 3 debugging frameworks in Eclipse.
1) Standart dedugging model (JDT)
2) DLTK
3) DSF
Is it correct ??? Is there some other debugging frameworks ???

Regards
Eugene.

[Updated on: Sat, 20 June 2015 02:10]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic:Eclipse Product Build Failed Using build.xml (Missing required plug-in)
Next Topic:Shared libraries in Eclipse Plugin
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Sep 25 06:59:12 GMT 2024