Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » EMF » Copy&paste / drag&drop into (different) FeatureMap attributes
Copy&paste / drag&drop into (different) FeatureMap attributes [message #1699019] Fri, 19 June 2015 14:11 Go to next message
Patrick Rammelt is currently offline Patrick RammeltFriend
It doesn't seem to be possible to paste / drop elements into a FeatureMap attribute from any other attribute. It only works if an elements is copied/dragged from the same attribute of another node of the same type.
I have attached a minimal xsd to show my problem.
Steps to reproduce:
Create model/edit/editor code from that xsd.
Create a structure containing two elements of type A and two elements of type B. Both have a "group" attribute which can hold arbitrary numbers of X and Y nodes (mixed). Now one is able to copy&paste / drag&drop say a X from one A to another A, but not from an A to a B and vice versa.
Is that a bug or is it meant that way? Is there a workaround. I already know that this couldn't be solved by simply overwriting ItemProviderAdapter#isValidValue(Object,Object,EStructuralFeature).
Re: Copy&paste / drag&drop into (different) FeatureMap attributes [message #1699023 is a reply to message #1699019] Fri, 19 June 2015 15:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ed Merks is currently offline Ed MerksFriend
Patrick,

It sounds like a bug. Please open a bugzilla. I can't promise to look
at it very soon though...

On 19/06/2015 4:11 PM, Patrick Rammelt wrote:
> It doesn't seem to be possible to paste / drop elements into a FeatureMap attribute from any other attribute. It only works if an elements is copied/dragged from the same attribute of another node of the same type.
> I have attached a minimal xsd to show my problem.
> Steps to reproduce:
> Create model/edit/editor code from that xsd.
> Create a structure containing two elements of type A and two elements of type B. Both have a "group" attribute which can hold arbitrary numbers of X and Y nodes (mixed). Now one is able to copy&paste / drag&drop say a X from one A to another A, but not from an A to a B and vice versa.
> Is that a bug or is it meant that way? Is there a workaround. I already know that this couldn't be solved by simply overwriting ItemProviderAdapter#isValidValue(Object,Object,EStructuralFeature).

Ed Merks
Professional Support: https://www.macromodeling.com/
Re: Copy&paste / drag&drop into (different) FeatureMap attributes [message #1699126 is a reply to message #1699023] Sun, 21 June 2015 19:44 Go to previous message
Patrick Rammelt is currently offline Patrick RammeltFriend
Ok, the corresponding bug can be found here:
https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=470661

Ed Merks wrote on Fri, 19 June 2015 15:04

It sounds like a bug. Please open a bugzilla. I can't promise to look
at it very soon though...

Previous Topic:Run CDO Hibernate server feature
Next Topic:Drived attributes and custom bodies with EAttribute annotations with OCL
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 01:20:32 GMT 2024