Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Remote Application Platform (RAP) » Tooltips on the FileUpload button
Tooltips on the FileUpload button [message #1698827] Thu, 18 June 2015 08:58 Go to next message
Antoni Mylka is currently offline Antoni MylkaFriend
In RAP 2.3 the FileUpload button, when it's first rendered has a tooltip "no file selected". When I select and upload a file, the tooltip changes to the name of the file.

How to disable that feature completely? (no tooltip at the beginning, no tooltip after the file is uploaded). How to set it to something I want?

I tried using setToolTipText but it seems that FileUpload uses some different tooltip mechanism. It looks different. When I use setToolTipText the button has TWO tooltips overlaid on top of each other. See the attached pictures.

index.php/fa/22222/0/

index.php/fa/22223/0/

I want to see just the tooltip I explicitly set with setToolTipText and nothing else.
  • Attachment: no-file.png
    (Size: 4.35KB, Downloaded 228 times)
  • Attachment: with-file.png
    (Size: 4.63KB, Downloaded 200 times)
Re: Tooltips on the FileUpload button [message #1698885 is a reply to message #1698827] Thu, 18 June 2015 13:55 Go to previous message
Antoni Mylka is currently offline Antoni MylkaFriend
FWIW those tooltips are visible when you hover over the "Select file" button on

rap.eclipsesource.com/demo/release/rapdemo/#file-upload

Note the difference between the tooltip under "Select file" and "Single file" buttons.

... but only on Chrome and Firefox. IE seems only to show the proper RAP tooltips.

Is it known? Is it a browser issue, or a RAP issue?
Previous Topic:Multiple EntryPoints with multiple IApplications
Next Topic:Migrating from 2.0->3.0: JS Error ...getInputElement is not a function
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Sep 20 20:22:45 GMT 2024