|Re: Handler not created when running a product outside of the IDE [message #1699037 is a reply to message #1698948]
||Fri, 19 June 2015 16:50
| Guenther Mahr
Registered: September 2011
Thanks a lot everybody, but it's not that!|
I use lazy-initialization in all of my bundles and I also checked that the problem has nothing to do with injection.
What I first found out was that for some reason the 8 handlers that were instantiated in the product were specified in workspace\.metadata\.plugins\org.eclipse.e4.workbench\workbench.xmi
but that my missing not-instantiated handlers were not specified there.
Whereas in my IDE workspace the same file workbench.xmi looked very different and I saw my missing handlers (even though in other contexts).
What I forgot to mention is that my product is updated via an update site - it has not been completely replaced for a while, just updated (which worked so far). Now I replaced the product completely and
everything works again as it should. The workbench.xmi file now contains all of my 15 handlers and all of them are instantiated at startup.
So far so good - problem solved, but the question remains: why was that workbench.xmi - file not updated correctly even though the regular updates via the update site seemed to work normally.
[Updated on: Fri, 19 June 2015 17:04]
Report message to a moderator
Powered by FUDForum
. Page generated in 0.03204 seconds