Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » C / C++ IDE (CDT) » Remote debugging automatically starts server(How to change it)
Remote debugging automatically starts server [message #1698419] Mon, 15 June 2015 13:04 Go to next message
krzemyk Name is currently offline krzemyk NameFriend
Hi,

I want to use eclipse to connect with qemu`s gdb server. All works fine but I want to step code (in my case u-boot) from it`s very first instruction.
Eclipse automatically send run command to gdb server, it is possible to do it so that it will stop at firs instruction?
Re: Remote debugging automatically starts server [message #1698603 is a reply to message #1698419] Tue, 16 June 2015 15:36 Go to previous message
Marc Khouzam is currently offline Marc KhouzamFriend
I think what you'll need to do is set a breakpoint earlier than 'main'. You can maybe use the function name '_start' (no quotes) to set a really early breakpoint.
You can set that breakpoint in two ways:

1- You can modify the first breakpoint used by Eclipse/CDT using the preference described here:
https://wiki.eclipse.org/CDT/User/FAQ#How_do_I_prevent_the_debugger_from_stopping_on_the_first_line.3F
Just replace "main" with "_start"

2- You can set a function breakpoint by going to the Breakpoints view menu and choosing "Add Function Breakpoint (C/C++)...", and typing "_start" as the function name.

I've tried this with remote debugging and it worked for me.

Marc
Previous Topic:Breakpoints removed by Eclipse Luna
Next Topic:HelloWorld not running
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 11:11:05 GMT 2024