Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Eclipse SmartHome » Binding Configuration usage
Binding Configuration usage [message #1698243] Fri, 12 June 2015 12:40 Go to next message
Dirk Stueben is currently offline Dirk StuebenFriend
Hi,

I would like to have some configuration with several parameter for our binding. I have added them to the binding.xml under ESH-INF/binding

But at this point I don't know how I could proceed.

How could I set the configuration? Can I do it in the Paper UI?

How could I get the configuration for example inside a Bridge/ThingHandler?

Currently I have a work around and duplicate the configuration parameters to the Bridge, where I could define them on create of the Bridge. But for the current implementation of the service the parameters have to be the same for all Bridges.

Best regards,

Dirk
Re: Binding Configuration usage [message #1698251 is a reply to message #1698243] Fri, 12 June 2015 13:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kiralik Beyin is currently offline Kiralik BeyinFriend
I don't know too.
Maybe someone make a youtube video beginning to end for Serial binding

This will make you more hungry : youtube.com/watch?v=30nhm0yIcvA thank you Kai Kreuzer
But now how could i proceed?
Re: Binding Configuration usage [message #1698313 is a reply to message #1698243] Sat, 13 June 2015 07:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dennis Nobel is currently offline Dennis NobelFriend
Hi Dirk,

actually it is not yet clearly defined how the configuration of a whole binding comes into the system. Or at least the Paper UI does not support it. So the specification of the configuration in the binding.xml is not used at all.

But what you can do is using the general configuration mechanism by defining variables in the "smarthome.cfg" file. You can define properties there based on a PID, which you need to specify in the Declarative Service XML of your ThingHandlerFactory for example. The activate method of the ThingHandlerFactory is then called with the according configuration parameters.

That way you can also inject the configuration in each ThingHandler.

Regards

Dennis
Re: Binding Configuration usage [message #1698557 is a reply to message #1698313] Tue, 16 June 2015 12:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kai Kreuzer is currently offline Kai KreuzerFriend
Hi Dirk,

The idea of the config-description in the binding.xml is mainly to provide some meta-information about configuration possibilities through the Configuration Admin service (very similar to MetaType, but sharing the same definition as we have for Things etc.).
I think it would make sense if we change the archetype to directly make the ThingHandlerFactory take config admin settings. As Dennis says, the simplest way to set the configuration is through the smarthome.cfg file now, but I would hope that we have a general support for Config Admin settings in the Paper UI some when.

Best regards,
Kai
Re: Binding Configuration usage [message #1698558 is a reply to message #1698557] Tue, 16 June 2015 12:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kiralik Beyin is currently offline Kiralik BeyinFriend
Hi Kai,

When will you publish serial binding?
Re: Binding Configuration usage [message #1698578 is a reply to message #1698558] Tue, 16 June 2015 13:40 Go to previous message
Kai Kreuzer is currently offline Kai KreuzerFriend
You mean a transport.serial bundle? Please open a separate thread and let me know what exactly you are looking for (to do what with it).
Previous Topic:Thing Type Channel
Next Topic:Installation Problems of Eclipse Smart Home
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Sep 20 13:32:02 GMT 2024