Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » BIRT » Waiting Status in HTML Reports generated in BIRT
Waiting Status in HTML Reports generated in BIRT [message #1697626] Fri, 05 June 2015 13:04 Go to next message
Nishant Mintri is currently offline Nishant MintriFriend
Hi ,

Is it possible to display a waiting status or a progress bar to the user when a report is generated in the HTML format ?
We are not using Web Viewer , we are generating it outside using Spring MVC .

I a m using JDK : 1.6
Oracle WebLogic Server
Birt 3.7

Re: Waiting Status in HTML Reports generated in BIRT [message #1697681 is a reply to message #1697626] Fri, 05 June 2015 21:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jesse Freeman is currently offline Jesse FreemanFriend
That should be possible, although I've not implemented it before my self.

The web viewer has a generating report icon so you may be able to examine that code as a way to get started.
Re: Waiting Status in HTML Reports generated in BIRT [message #1698986 is a reply to message #1697681] Fri, 19 June 2015 10:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nishant Mintri is currently offline Nishant MintriFriend
Thanks for your reply Jesse .
Trying to rephrase my question , I would like to use the "Processing plesae wait ... " dialog of the web viewer , when I render a report in HTML format . Is this possible ?
Re: Waiting Status in HTML Reports generated in BIRT [message #1699801 is a reply to message #1698986] Fri, 26 June 2015 16:48 Go to previous message
Jesse Freeman is currently offline Jesse FreemanFriend
You will most likely have to modify the emitter code for the HTML emitter but it should be possible.

What I was meaning is that since the web viewer already has code in place to display "Processing please wait..." you may be able to use that code as a base for customizing the HTML emitter.
Previous Topic:NPE when rendering donut chart
Next Topic:PDF: How to stretch last cell of inner table to cell height of outer table?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 08:25:59 GMT 2024