Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » Highlight and color text?(Looking for a way to highlight or color - code blocks of text)
Highlight and color text? [message #1697299] Wed, 03 June 2015 03:22 Go to next message
David Del is currently offline David DelFriend
I am extremely new to Java and I find it confusing to look at the code without being able to highlight a section and then colour the text or change the color of what is highlighted. Is this possible? I am not talking about a colour theme, but rather a way of making eclipes similar to a word processor for the text.
Re: Highlight and color text? [message #1697310 is a reply to message #1697299] Wed, 03 June 2015 05:58 Go to previous message
Nitin Dahyabhai is currently offline Nitin DahyabhaiFriend

Generally you're not going to find that kind of support--the coloring is used to distinguish the syntax and provide generated feedback. If it helps, you can tweak the Annotations page to show Bookmarks differently and then bookmark individual lines.

http://help.eclipse.org/luna/topic/org.eclipse.platform.doc.user/reference/ref-22.htm

_
Nitin Dahyabhai
Eclipse Web Tools Platform
Previous Topic:Java program with argument files - how?
Next Topic:Eclipse and jboss : The home directory does not exist or is missing a required file or folder: bin/t
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 27 02:51:56 GMT 2024