Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Jubula » Explore nodes
Explore nodes [message #1696567] Wed, 27 May 2015 10:08 Go to next message
Romain Vianef is currently offline Romain VianefFriend
Hello to everyone,

I don't understand why I can't expand some nodes in my RCP application.
In my connection test, Jubula has used the following test case to expand nodes : Expand Node by Textpath; with as component type : Tree Component.
Now, I want to do the same thing with another tree. But in Start Observation Mode, Jubula doesn't recognize anything. I click on the nodes but the Observation Console window stays empty.

Do you know why there isn't some interaction between Jubula and this kind of tree?

Best Regards.
Romain.

[Updated on: Thu, 28 May 2015 05:48]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Explore nodes [message #1696702 is a reply to message #1696567] Thu, 28 May 2015 05:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Alexandra Schladebeck is currently offline Alexandra SchladebeckFriend
Hello Romain,

I'd recommend trying to map the tree component in the object mapping mode. If you cannot map it, then that means that this component is not supported out of the box. In that case, it would be interesting to see the component snippet to see what is different.
If you can map it, then you can simply use the unbound modules to write your test for it. The observation mode is designed as a help for getting started, but it doesn't support all actions on all components.
If you've not worked with the unbound modules before, then you can do the cheat sheets (from Help/Cheat Sheets) from the Functional Testing Category.

Best regards,
Alex
Re: Explore nodes [message #1696872 is a reply to message #1696702] Fri, 29 May 2015 08:00 Go to previous message
Romain Vianef is currently offline Romain VianefFriend
Hi Alex,

Thanks for your answer.

Observation Mode : I have nothing.
Make my own function and use Object Mapping Mode : error because of the non knowledge of the component name.

In the new window after my connection step, Jubula can control everything except this tree (even the Help Menu index.php/fa/21999/0/ ).
It seems its type is TREE and its ID is ID_BTD_TRE_MENU (information taken in the section "Informations écran"). Maybe this component is not supported. With another tool of automation, this tree isn't a tree type but a canvas type.
I think I'm going to use an external application to control especially this "tree".

Best regards.
Romain.

[Updated on: Fri, 29 May 2015 08:00]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic:Error JVM code 11
Next Topic:ERROR AUT could not be started, because no valid Java JRE was specified
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 18:08:59 GMT 2024