Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Eclipse Platform » PropertySheet - set selection when editor is being open
PropertySheet - set selection when editor is being open [message #1696283] Mon, 25 May 2015 09:06
Radoslaw Stachowiak is currently offline Radoslaw StachowiakFriend
Hi

I'm writing RCP app in Luna with compatibility layer and DIEditorPart (e4 tools) for editors.
I am opening an editor for an object. The editor internally doesn't have any selection providers. Instead I want to show properties in PropertySheet for the object being edited when the editor is active.
Unfortunately setting selection when editor is being created doesn't work, because PropertySheet will accept selections from a part only when it has been activated.

My question is: is there a user-friendly way for automatically setting selection in a part after it has been activated so that PropertySheet can handle it?
Alternatively is there a very good reason why PropertySheet, when part is activated, resets current selection to null instead of to the part's current selection? It would probably also solve my problem and I don't understand the comment for that line.

If this can't be achieved then I'll have to write a view myself that will handle my use-case and I'd like to avoid that.

Thanks
Radek
Previous Topic:How to Inject a context from a test
Next Topic:Eclipse IDE Luna SR2 (Build 20150219-0600) cannot display Chinese characters correctly
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 11:29:45 GMT 2024