Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » BIRT » Aligning BIRT charts regardless of the legend/series name size(Fix sizing the legends or wrapping the series titles.)
Aligning BIRT charts regardless of the legend/series name size [message #1696000] Thu, 21 May 2015 05:29 Go to next message
Diren Dantanarayana is currently offline Diren DantanarayanaFriend
I have created a BIRT report with multiple charts.
All the charts include different data but for the same time span.
So i want to make the x axis of the charts align with each other so it is easy to read all the charts at once.

But the series names of these charts are different from each other.And some charts gets dynamic series names in which the length cannot be predicted.

Even though i align the charts with same width and height because of the series names the legend gets too lengthy and the alignment gets ruined.

According to the requirements given to me legend should be placed at the right side of the chart.

Is there a way to fix the size of the legend without truncating the series names.May be a way to wrap the series names so the size of the legend will be same for all the charts and the charts will be aligned nicely.
  • Attachment: alignment.PNG
    (Size: 49.19KB, Downloaded 173 times)
Re: Aligning BIRT charts regardless of the legend/series name size [message #1697670 is a reply to message #1696000] Fri, 05 June 2015 20:44 Go to previous message
Jesse Freeman is currently offline Jesse FreemanFriend
I believe I discussed this with you on the BIRT Developer Center forums.
I will go ahead and answer here as well.

I believe your best option is going to be to create a custom legend for the report.
That will give you significantly more flexibility in handling how the legend is formatted.
Previous Topic:Sharing Publishing BIRT reports
Next Topic:Parameter with multi entry
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon Sep 23 10:50:33 GMT 2024