Skip to main content


Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » EMF » Change process lifetime accordingly to eclipse editor
Change process lifetime accordingly to eclipse editor [message #1695551] Sat, 16 May 2015 12:25 Go to next message
furkan tanriverdi is currently offline furkan tanriverdiFriend
Messages: 15
Registered: November 2014
Junior Member
Sorry for the title but I could not describe it clearer.

I will try yo explain as much as simple. I am converting docx file to EMF model.

In runtime eclipse, file is transformed to model. I want to observe changes on it. So, I used EContentAdapter and added it to model. However, my program is terminated normally.

What I want is, I want to keep observing that model, until the eclipse runtime is closed.

Any thoughts and ideas much appreciated.

best regards

ps: I will try to be more sepecific if you dont understand my situation.
Re: Change process lifetime accordingly to eclipse editor [message #1695577 is a reply to message #1695551] Sun, 17 May 2015 09:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ed Merks is currently offline Ed MerksFriend
Messages: 30541
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
Comments below.

On 16/05/2015 2:25 PM, furkan tanriverdi wrote:
> Sorry for the title but I could not describe it clearer.
>
> I will try yo explain as much as simple. I am converting docx file to
> EMF model.
> In runtime eclipse, file is transformed to model. I want to observe
> changes on it. So, I used EContentAdapter and added it to model.
> However, my program is terminated normally.
>
> What I want is, I want to keep observing that model, until the eclipse
> runtime is closed.
When/how are you creating the model? It sounds like you're doing this
in an editor, in which case the model doesn't exist if there is no
editor open, which I guess is your concern. But what is to be observed
unless the editor is open to make changes in the editor?
>
> Any thoughts and ideas much appreciated.
Is it changes to the original docx file you want to observe? That could
be done with a workspace listener; you can see in the generated editor
how that's done...
>
> best regards
>
> ps: I will try to be more sepecific if you dont understand my situation.
Re: Change process lifetime accordingly to eclipse editor [message #1695653 is a reply to message #1695577] Mon, 18 May 2015 11:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
furkan tanriverdi is currently offline furkan tanriverdiFriend
Messages: 15
Registered: November 2014
Junior Member
Hi Ed,

Thanks for the reply.

I looked at edıtor codes, especially ***Editor.java, and saw some listeners. If I add my custom adapter into **.edıtor codes, can it be done or can I do that by using workspace listeners or anything like that ?

In short of my question, I create an instance of my ecore model in eclipse runtime. When I edit the model, I want to see the changes.

best regards

[Updated on: Mon, 18 May 2015 12:03]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Change process lifetime accordingly to eclipse editor [message #1695766 is a reply to message #1695653] Tue, 19 May 2015 05:59 Go to previous message
Ed Merks is currently offline Ed MerksFriend
Messages: 30541
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
I asked a few questions, none of which you answered. Unfortunately I
don't really if "it can be done" if I don't really know what "it" is...

On 18/05/2015 1:59 PM, furkan tanriverdi wrote:
> Hi Ed,
>
> Thanks for the reply.
>
> I looked at edıtor codes, especially ***Editor.java, and saw some
> listeners. If I add my custom adapter into **.edıtor codes, can it be
> done or can I do that by using workspace listeners or anything like
> that ?
>
> best regards
Previous Topic:SDO serialization and non-containment references
Next Topic:EMF.Edit and Databinding
Goto Forum:
  


Current Time: Mon Oct 14 15:35:52 GMT 2019

Powered by FUDForum. Page generated in 0.03184 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.

Powered by: FUDforum 3.0.2.
Copyright ©2001-2010 FUDforum Bulletin Board Software

Back to the top