Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Eclipse SmartHome » Delete entries from persistence
Delete entries from persistence [message #1695522] Fri, 15 May 2015 16:25 Go to next message
Smart Home is currently offline Smart HomeFriend
Persistence enables you to store data to a database. It doesn't have an interface to delete entries from it.

Do I need to directly access the database from my application to delete entries?

Re: Delete entries from persistence [message #1695712 is a reply to message #1695522] Mon, 18 May 2015 14:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kai Kreuzer is currently offline Kai KreuzerFriend
Yes, that is the current situation. Persistence services are primarily meant for time series of data - and what has been persisted once, is persisted, that's it.
So deleting entries is rather an administrative task in order to do clean up of invalid data possibly.
What would you need it for? In general, I am a bit afraid of ending up doing a generic database API when also adding full CRUD support...

Regards,
Kai
Re: Delete entries from persistence [message #1695732 is a reply to message #1695712] Mon, 18 May 2015 16:54 Go to previous message
Smart Home is currently offline Smart HomeFriend
Hi Kai,

My concern is the storage size in limited resources device. How can you prevent from the persistence to fill up the storage?

I can delete the entries accessing the database directly but my problem is that the database is created and maintained by the persistence itself and it doesn't feel right to do so.

I don't think that we need the Update option, and Create and Read (query) are already there. For delete you can add something like delete(FilterCriteria) (maybe to a new interface DeleteablePersistenceService?),

Eyal
Previous Topic:Delete entries from persistence
Next Topic:new please help-installation problem
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 00:31:13 GMT 2024