Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » NatTable » Firing ListEvent in NatTable
Firing ListEvent in NatTable [message #1695142] Tue, 12 May 2015 09:29 Go to next message
Girish Bhat is currently offline Girish BhatFriend
Hi
Is there any way to fire ListEvent from the GlazedListsEventLayer.
From my observation the the combobx configured in for the column in the header recalculates the items when the list in the table changed (added,deleted etc). Is there a way to fire this event so items in the combo box are updated.
Thanks in advance

[Updated on: Tue, 12 May 2015 10:04]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Firing ListEvent in NatTable [message #1695150 is a reply to message #1695142] Tue, 12 May 2015 10:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dirk Fauth is currently offline Dirk FauthFriend
What do you talk about? The automatic filter combo boxes? They are related to the content in the list. So updating the list will trigger a list change event.
Re: Firing ListEvent in NatTable [message #1695152 is a reply to message #1695150] Tue, 12 May 2015 10:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The problem is the list in the table is not changed, only object properties are changed. So in this case combobox are not updated. Hope I am explaining properly .
Re: Firing ListEvent in NatTable [message #1695159 is a reply to message #1695152] Tue, 12 May 2015 11:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
And why should the combo box update if properties change? If we are talking about the Excel-like filter row, that doesn't make sense as it inspects the content and builds the combo box based on the content.

You still didn't explain of what you are talking about in detail. Typically the GlazedLists events are transformed into NatTable events. So usually you could fire a NatTable event the data layer upwards to achieve the same.
Re: Firing ListEvent in NatTable [message #1695165 is a reply to message #1695159] Tue, 12 May 2015 12:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message

I have a table with 5 column and one of the column shows object state having a combobox filter. With default item "UNCHANGED". Now I modify table row using editing support or other way. Now i want to update combobox with two items as "CHANGED" and "UNCHANGED".
So is there any way to solve this Sad

[Updated on: Tue, 12 May 2015 12:32]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Firing ListEvent in NatTable [message #1695174 is a reply to message #1695165] Tue, 12 May 2015 13:38 Go to previous message
ah, so you want to update on value change rather than list change.

IIRC there is an example for the Excel like filterrow that exactly shows that. There the update is triggered via CellUpdateEvent which is fired on updating a cell value. This is what I meant on saying that you need to fire (or in that case handle) a NatTable event for updating. But of course you need to implement a custom IComboBoxDataProvider that is updated on such an event. It doesn't do that by default.
Previous Topic:Updating items in Combo box filter
Next Topic:Open dialog for cell value
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 07:22:09 GMT 2024