Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » Papyrus » show provide/required interfaces in component diagram
show provide/required interfaces in component diagram [message #1695065] Mon, 11 May 2015 17:54 Go to next message
Rolf Schumacher is currently offline Rolf SchumacherFriend
I am new to Papyrus and I cannot find a tutorial or other description on how to show the symbols for provided/required interfaces (lollipop/fork).

I found this contribution on the forum:
https://www.eclipse.org/forums/index.php/t/449263/
It highlights the problem but does not provide me a working solution.

Some detail:
I dragged the Realization from the model to the diagram.
I expected a lollipop attached to the realizing component.
I got a box and a dependency, showing that the component is abstacted by the interface.

I dragged the Usage from the model to the diagram.
I expected a fork attached to the using component.
I got a dependency of the using component on the interface.

What did I wrong?
Re: show provide/required interfaces in component diagram [message #1701628 is a reply to message #1695065] Tue, 14 July 2015 14:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Rene Meis is currently offline Rene MeisFriend
I think that you have to use an Interface Realization instead of a Realization. This is the first thing.

In the comments of the following bug report, I found some answers the question how to show the interface box as a lollipop:
https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=416696

You have to right-click on the interface class and then select "Format" -> "Display as lollipop".

If you want to make visible lollipops at ports, then you have to right-click on the port and to select "Manage interfaces"
Re: show provide/required interfaces in component diagram [message #1745391 is a reply to message #1695065] Mon, 10 October 2016 06:44 Go to previous message
Tristan Faure is currently offline Tristan FaureFriend
Hello
I have tested Requirement Diagram in Papyrus Neon SR 1

I have some problems I would like to know if it is "normal" :
- "display as lollipop" :
the orientation of the lollipop is very hard to define and it is not clear if the interface is realized or used when several connectors are connected

- interface creation:
If I create a component. I can create a component inside but not an interface. the only possibility I have is creating the interface outside, moving it inside the component using the model explorer and then move it in the diagram ...

Previous Topic:Add image to block
Next Topic:Custom label provider for Model Navigator view
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 21:44:45 GMT 2024