Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » RCP Testing Tool » interaction with running script on AUT
interaction with running script on AUT [message #1694842] Fri, 08 May 2015 12:24 Go to next message
krzysztof cicho324 is currently offline krzysztof cicho324Friend
Hey

I'm trying to create RCPTT tests for eclipse plugin that provides GUI environment for some scripting language.
Part of functionality is script debugging (breakpoints, among others). The problem is, when I run a RCPTT testcase that executes script with breakpoints, RCPTT waits for my script to finish. And script wont finish, cause it's stuck at breakpoint and waits for interaction. So I have annoying 30s (default "Job Hang Skip timeout") break, then RCPTT checks something, chooses eg. button to resume script, and testcase goes on up to next breakpoint where it hangs again. This way a testcase that could take 15 seconds runs for +/- 2 minutes.
As far the only solution I found is to decrease Job Hang Skip timeout in RCPTT preferences, but somehow I feel this is not a proper solution - it might lead to problems with other testcases, besides modifying global option for just a small set of testcases doesn't seem right.
Is there any other option to speed up interaction with running script on AUT?

BR
Krzysiek
Re: interaction with running script on AUT [message #1694847 is a reply to message #1694842] Fri, 08 May 2015 13:03 Go to previous message
Ulyana Skorokhodova is currently offline Ulyana SkorokhodovaFriend
Hi!

You can use set-q7-option command for this purpose right in a test script.

Please, use jobHangTimeout key and set a desired value.

Just in case, if you want to disableJobWaiting for some part of code, you can do the following:

exec-with-options -disableJobWaiting -command {
log "qqq"
}

Yours sincerely,
Ulyana.
Previous Topic:Code coverage with JaCoCo Plugin (Jenkins)
Next Topic:Issue with substitute-variables
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat May 04 06:09:41 GMT 2024