Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » Very Slow compiler(Eclipse (juno) takes too long to open and Luna does not open)
icon8.gif  Very Slow compiler [message #1694261] Mon, 04 May 2015 05:50 Go to next message
David Erdmann is currently offline David ErdmannFriend
I have installed Eclipse Luna on my iMac, it will not open, then I tried a different version (Juno) this takes a long time to open and the compiler also takes a very long time to compile the program.
I have changed the program to an iMax running an i5 processor, also takes a long time to open and the compiler is also very slow.
Is this problem memory related, as I only have 8Gb or RAM on the i5 computer.
I am running java 6 on the machine, is there something that I have missed in the installation or is there something else? I have used Eclipse in my previous machine (iMac) very successfully, however since loading Yosemite it has not worked.
Please some one give me a bit of a hand, as I am new to programming in Java and I like Eclipse and would like to continue using.
Thank you
David
Re: Very Slow compiler [message #1694384 is a reply to message #1694261] Tue, 05 May 2015 02:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nitin Dahyabhai is currently offline Nitin DahyabhaiFriend

Focus on the part where the current version, Luna, does not open. What messages do you see? Do you see different ones if you try to launch it from a Terminal window? Does installing the current version of Java onto this machine change anything?

_
Nitin Dahyabhai
Eclipse Web Tools Platform
Re: Very Slow compiler [message #1694405 is a reply to message #1694384] Tue, 05 May 2015 07:17 Go to previous message
David Erdmann is currently offline David ErdmannFriend
Thank you Nitin Dahyabhai for your response, however in response to your questions, I have Java version 8 update 45 (build 1.8.0_45-b14). All I am getting is the Eclipse luna as the attitude picture and that where it stays, does not progress any further.
The computer is an iMac Intel core 2 duo 2.66Ghz running OS X Yosemite (10.10.3) and 6 Gb RAM if all this explain.
Thank you again and I hope to be able to resolve this problem.
Cheers

David
  • Attachment: Eclipse.tiff
    (Size: 89.79KB, Downloaded 100 times)
Previous Topic:Unable to open/install Eclipse IDE for Java Developers.
Next Topic:Problem importing project + Symfony
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 10:41:53 GMT 2024