Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Eclipse Scout » Button position in Form
Button position in Form [message #1693979] Wed, 29 April 2015 17:29 Go to next message
Michel R is currently offline Michel RFriend
Hello,

I have issues aligning horizontally a button with other fields.

I try to build a form where I would align on the same line an input field and a button. The idea is that the button will perform an action using the input's text.

I created a field (actually a SmartField), then the ButtonField. But the button does not want to stay on the same line as the field, whatever I do.

At best using a complicated structure of 2 boxes I can put the field on the left and the button on the right but the button is still much lower than the input field, as if there was some big margin on top of it.

index.php/fa/21698/0/

How to achieve that ?

Subsidiary question: the global goal is to manage a TableField. I tried the tutorial (https://wiki.eclipse.org/Scout/Tutorial/4.0/Minicrm/Table_Field) but the method here is to allow edition inside the column to add a row, and the problem is that the user can edit an existing row, which is not wanted. He shoud edit only an added row. This is why I tried to use a SmartField and an Add button. But the visual effect is not very good yet.

So the subsidiary question is, how to prevent editing of existing rows but allow for edition of the value of an empty added row in the TableField ?

I hope that I am clear enough.

Thank you for your help!
Re: Button position in Form [message #1694019 is a reply to message #1693979] Thu, 30 April 2015 07:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Urs Beeli is currently offline Urs BeeliFriend
All buttons have a property called "ProcessButton" which is enabled by default. This will force the button to appear at the bottom of the window.

Just override this property to "false" and the button will appear like a normal field.
Re: Button position in Form [message #1694033 is a reply to message #1693979] Thu, 30 April 2015 08:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jeremie Bresson is currently offline Jeremie BressonFriend
Hi Michel R,

Welcome on the Scout Forum. Do not hesitate to ask here, everything you miss to be successful with Scout.

In addition to Urs Answer, I wanted to point some related discussion on the Forum:
* Button width and style
* Problems layouting buttons on form

Feel free to continue the discussion if you need it.
Re: Button position in Form [message #1694063 is a reply to message #1694019] Thu, 30 April 2015 09:56 Go to previous message
Michel R is currently offline Michel RFriend
Great! That's exactly what I needed, thank you so much, I think that I could have searched forever without noticing this feature!
Previous Topic:WildFly 8.2.0.Final EAR deployment
Next Topic:Comparison between Vaadin and Eclipse Scout
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Mar 19 09:31:09 GMT 2024