Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Eclipse Platform » Eclipse for ARM Architecture(Add ARM architecture for the Eclipse build.)
Eclipse for ARM Architecture [message #1693588] Sat, 25 April 2015 19:38 Go to next message
Jess Williams is currently offline Jess WilliamsFriend
Please forgive me as I am new these forums and still have much to learn in my contribution to this community. It seems after building from source for Eclipse 4.5 will only compile for PPC, PPC64, IA-64, s390(x), x86, x86_64, and sparc architectures. I was disappointed that there is no ARM binaries for the IDE. Maybe I am missing something, or maybe they haven't implemented it yet.

I currently have a Distro supported version of Eclipse 3.8 for Linux on my embedded ARM system. It does not have all the plugins available that I desire. It also is quite buggy. I use a current version of Eclipse on my AMD64, but I am quite fond of my little embedded linux box. It uses a lot less power, is quite, and and very competent for what I need it for.

I currently use:

NVIDIA Jetson TK1 - Development Board
NVIDIA "4-Plus-1" 2.32GHz ARM quad-core Cortex-A15
NVIDIA Kepler "GK20a" GPU with 192 SM3.2 CUDA cores
2GB DDR3L 933MHz EMC x16 using 64-bit data width
Linux tegra-ubuntu 3.10.40-gc017b03 #1 SMP armv7l GNU/Linux
Apache Maven 3.2.5
Java version: 1.8.0_33

I am willing to help contribute to this effort, if someone can help lead me in the right direction. Currently I am dissecting the source code to see if I can make a feeble attempt on my own, but wading through nearly 100,000 files of code is quite daunting.

If someone could give me some lists of files to focus on would be greatly appreciated. I still have a lot to learn, but I am determined. Thank you in advance! Smile
Re: Eclipse for ARM Architecture [message #1715917 is a reply to message #1693588] Fri, 27 November 2015 16:15 Go to previous message
Luís de Sousa is currently offline Luís de SousaFriend
I have recently opened a request for a pre-compiled release for ARM. I have also been searching for a compile guide, but so far without success. As far as I can tell, there is not even an Ant script for ARM.

I am sorry I have not much else to offer, apart from the experience with the Tegra K1, that ably provides a full desktop experience. It is just a pity that Eclipse can not be used on this architecture.
Previous Topic:Redistributing a customized Eclipse.app
Next Topic:Eclipse Installer Question
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Mar 19 04:22:06 GMT 2024