Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » EclipseLink » Cascade Refresh on a ReadObjectQuery(CascadeAllParts and state data on a readObjectQuery)
Cascade Refresh on a ReadObjectQuery [message #1693533] Fri, 24 April 2015 19:41 Go to next message
ELUser Mising name is currently offline ELUser Mising nameFriend
We are migrating from TopLink to EclipseLink and not using JPA but are using the native TopLink APIs.

I have a ReadObjectQuery where I query by the primary key by using the query.setSelectionId().
I have query.shouldCascadeAllParts(), but my lazy loaded relationships and not loaded by the query.
I see stale data when I do the entity.getChildList.

How can the refresh of the lazy loaded lists be done?
We need the lazy loaded lists in a lot of are use cases to be updated.

Also in some cases I need the IndirectList to instantiated by the above query? How can this be achieved?

Thanks for the help.,
Re: Cascade Refresh on a ReadObjectQuery [message #1693690 is a reply to message #1693533] Mon, 27 April 2015 14:09 Go to previous message
Chris Delahunt is currently offline Chris DelahuntFriend
shouldCascadeAllParts() will cause any options set on the query to cascade to any queries to bring in relationships, but if you want a refresh to occur, you need to set it on the query. This is described in https://wiki.eclipse.org/Introduction_to_EclipseLink_Queries_(ELUG)#How_to_Refresh_the_Cache

Best Regards,
Chris
Previous Topic:Workbench not shiped in EclipseLink2.6
Next Topic:generate java model from mapping file
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 20:11:12 GMT 2024