Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Sirius » Questions about diagram(notation) extension
Questions about diagram(notation) extension [message #1692773] Fri, 17 April 2015 23:08 Go to next message
eunjung park is currently offline eunjung parkFriend
​​Hello.

My name is Eunjung Park who is researching on Requirements Engineering.
I would like to make a Requirements Engineering Tool.
While doing my research, I found out Sirius.

By the way, I wonder if Sirius can connect QVTo for a transformation.
Additionally, Could it be possbile to implement a label propagation, that is, when the attribute value of child elements satisfied, the value of parent element automatically satisfied showing some icon?

I would really appreciate if someone let me know.

Thank you so much.

Regards,

Eunjung Park
Re: Questions about diagram(notation) extension [message #1692811 is a reply to message #1692773] Sun, 19 April 2015 14:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Marcin Trycz is currently offline Marcin TryczFriend
You're actually thinking about two different things: the emf model (label value) and the sirius representation (label representation). It's really useful to train oneself to consider these things as separate and cooperating.

What you should probably do is to trigger an attribute update on the parent element when an attribute on a child elements changes. You can do this in your EMF code, with regular java (although you need to have some bases in EMF).

Then, on the representation, you'd want to have a conditional style on the parent element's label in the representation description.

This way your update will run if you change your elements with the Sirius editor, with the EMF editor, with java code, or some other as-of-now-unforseen interface. Adding semantic/model code to the view is a recipe for disaster, and you should make as little of it as possible, only as much as makes sense.

If any of this doesn't make sense to you, you should go back to the documentations of EMF and Sirius, it will save you time in the long run.

I'm just a user.

[Updated on: Sun, 19 April 2015 14:59]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Questions about diagram(notation) extension [message #1692847 is a reply to message #1692811] Mon, 20 April 2015 08:47 Go to previous message
eunjung park is currently offline eunjung parkFriend
Hi Marcin,
Thank you so much.
I'm glad to hear that there is a way to implement label propagation function.
I will try to do it.
Also, I could understand the relationship between EMF and Sirius.
Thanks again.

Best Regards,
Eunjung Park
Previous Topic:How to handle Notes on diagrams
Next Topic:How to industrialize a modeling tool with Sirius?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 07:56:27 GMT 2024