Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Jubula » How to check value of "Spinner" UI element?
How to check value of "Spinner" UI element? [message #1692246] Tue, 14 April 2015 13:52 Go to next message
Richard Skoog is currently offline Richard SkoogFriend
Hi,

I have tried all possibilities but can't find out how to check a value of a "Spinner" UI element. It's no problem to select the UI element and the value in it, but I can't find any way of checking the value in the UI element.

See attached screenshots for more information.

Anyone who knows how to do this?

Thanks in advance!

Regards Richard

Spinner UI element

index.php/fa/21541/0/

Properties of the UI element

index.php/fa/21542/0/

[Updated on: Tue, 14 April 2015 13:55]

Report message to a moderator

Re: How to check value of "Spinner" UI element? [message #1692256 is a reply to message #1692246] Tue, 14 April 2015 14:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Alexandra Schladebeck is currently offline Alexandra SchladebeckFriend
Hi Richard,

From your description, I assume that the action "check text" on the component with text doesn't work? Is it telling you that it is an incompatible component type?
If so, then you might be able to use "check property" on the spinner - use the property information you can see in the object mapping properties view (above) to see what the "text" property is called. Perhaps you can use that.

Best regards,
Alex
Re: How to check value of "Spinner" UI element? [message #1692353 is a reply to message #1692256] Wed, 15 April 2015 09:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi,

I have tried both alternatives without any luck Sad
Many of my test cases include checks of property values so I have to solve this.

1.) "Check text" using "Component with Text" gives the result "Operation not supported by the selected toolkit.". What does this mean?
2.) "Check property" with a wild card '..*' for "PROPERTY_NAME" and "OPERATOR" = 'matches' gives the result 'Property not Accesible'. I can't figure out which property name to use. Wildcard should however work.

Any more ideas?

Regards Richard

[Updated on: Wed, 15 April 2015 09:16]

Report message to a moderator

Re: How to check value of "Spinner" UI element? [message #1692369 is a reply to message #1692353] Wed, 15 April 2015 11:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Richard,

What properties can you see in the property spy in the object mapping editor? When you collect the component, in the properties view you will see a category "property information".

Open that category and see if there are any properties you can check.

You can also enter a ticket in the bugzilla for not being able to check text on the spinner.

Best regards,
Alex
Re: How to check value of "Spinner" UI element? [message #1692468 is a reply to message #1692369] Thu, 16 April 2015 06:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The "Properties" are now included as screenshot. I can't figure out which information to use for "Check property".

I would really like the check "Component with Text" to support "Spinners". I found this bug: https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=425310

is that correct or should I write a new one? Please prioritize if possible!

Regards Richard

index.php/fa/21557/0/
Re: How to check value of "Spinner" UI element? [message #1692486 is a reply to message #1692468] Thu, 16 April 2015 08:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Richard,

I'd go for the one called "text". It has a value of '1', which is the value shown in your screenshot.

That enhancement is a different toolkit - so I'd suggest entering a new one.

Hope that helps,
Best regards,
Alex
Re: How to check value of "Spinner" UI element? [message #1692495 is a reply to message #1692486] Thu, 16 April 2015 09:12 Go to previous message
"ub_grc_checkProperty" works perfect with the PROPERTY_NAME = "text" as you suggested.

A million thanks!!!!

If I could ask for more it would be even nicer if you could fix so that "Component with Text" in the concrete toolkit also works for "Spinners". I can't find that check for other toolkits.

Regards Richard
Previous Topic:Relative path_type
Next Topic:Automating iOS AUT using Jubula in a Mac
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 23 09:48:48 GMT 2024