Skip to main content


Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » M2T (model-to-text transformation) » [Acceleo] Easiest way to deploy a generator
[Acceleo] Easiest way to deploy a generator [message #1692185] Tue, 14 April 2015 08:28 Go to next message
Wilbert Alberts is currently offline Wilbert AlbertsFriend
Messages: 170
Registered: June 2010
Senior Member
Hi,

I've created a small generator and it works within my development instance of eclipse.

Now I want to deploy it and naively, I simply try to export the two projects (generator and generator.ui) by the export wizard: Deployable plug-ins and fragments.

Installing the generated plugins into a different eclipse instance leads to the error message that some *.emtl file can not be found. I modified build.properties such that this file is added into the exported plugins. I actually verified that. Still, running the generator results in the same error message; just as if the generator does not look 'at the right place'.

I am aware of https://www.eclipse.org/forums/index.php/t/812368/ but I'm not using Maven so far and I think that setting up such build infrastructure is not justified for the case of exporting a small simple generator.

Actually I have two questions:
1) Can I solve the 'emtl not found' problem without using maven (and if yes, how)?
2) Why is the simple deployable plugin export not supported anymore?

Greetings,
Wilbert.
Re: [Acceleo] Easiest way to deploy a generator [message #1692196 is a reply to message #1692185] Tue, 14 April 2015 09:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ed Willink is currently offline Ed WillinkFriend
Messages: 5929
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
Hi

IIRC, before I converted all my Acceleo templates to Xtend, I worked
around the problem by manually switching between two build behaviours.

During 'interactive' development, I let Acceleo build the *.emtl files
normally, with the occasional clean/build-all encouragement. When happy,
I copied bin/.../*.emtl to src2/..../*.emtl.

For release deployment I treated the *.emtl files as sources files, by
disabling the Acceleo builder and instead relying on the Java builder to
copy src2/..../*.emtl to bin/.../*.emtl.

Switching involved adding/removing the Acceleo nature and builder, and
adding/removing "customBuildCallbacks = build.acceleo
" in build.properties.

You can look at commit ee770a838361c879d3c24e2b024fb186872c1e45 of
https://git.eclipse.org/r/ocl/org.eclipse.ocl to see a behaviour switch
that accidentally got committed.

Regards

Ed Willink




On 14/04/2015 09:28, Wilbert Alberts wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've created a small generator and it works within my development
> instance of eclipse.
> Now I want to deploy it and naively, I simply try to export the two
> projects (generator and generator.ui) by the export wizard: Deployable
> plug-ins and fragments.
>
> Installing the generated plugins into a different eclipse instance
> leads to the error message that some *.emtl file can not be found. I
> modified build.properties such that this file is added into the
> exported plugins. I actually verified that. Still, running the
> generator results in the same error message; just as if the generator
> does not look 'at the right place'.
>
> I am aware of https://www.eclipse.org/forums/index.php/t/812368/ but
> I'm not using Maven so far and I think that setting up such build
> infrastructure is not justified for the case of exporting a small
> simple generator.
>
> Actually I have two questions:
> 1) Can I solve the 'emtl not found' problem without using maven (and
> if yes, how)?
> 2) Why is the simple deployable plugin export not supported anymore?
>
> Greetings,
> Wilbert.
>
Re: [Acceleo] Easiest way to deploy a generator [message #1692215 is a reply to message #1692196] Tue, 14 April 2015 11:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eclipse UserFriend
Hi,
I have the same problem. Currently, I'm putting manually the emtl files
in the right folder of the jar file.
When you select in the Overview of your plugin.xml to include the emtl
files into the build, please notice they are copied into /bin/<your
packages> into the jar file, instead of just /<your package> as needed
for the plugin to work.
Currently, I don't know how to provide an easier solution than doing it
manually.

Best,

Víctor

El 14/04/2015 a las 11:17, Ed Willink escribió:
> Hi
>
> IIRC, before I converted all my Acceleo templates to Xtend, I worked
> around the problem by manually switching between two build behaviours.
>
> During 'interactive' development, I let Acceleo build the *.emtl files
> normally, with the occasional clean/build-all encouragement. When happy,
> I copied bin/.../*.emtl to src2/..../*.emtl.
>
> For release deployment I treated the *.emtl files as sources files, by
> disabling the Acceleo builder and instead relying on the Java builder to
> copy src2/..../*.emtl to bin/.../*.emtl.
>
> Switching involved adding/removing the Acceleo nature and builder, and
> adding/removing "customBuildCallbacks = build.acceleo
> " in build.properties.
>
> You can look at commit ee770a838361c879d3c24e2b024fb186872c1e45 of
> https://git.eclipse.org/r/ocl/org.eclipse.ocl to see a behaviour switch
> that accidentally got committed.
>
> Regards
>
> Ed Willink
>
>
>
>
> On 14/04/2015 09:28, Wilbert Alberts wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I've created a small generator and it works within my development
>> instance of eclipse.
>> Now I want to deploy it and naively, I simply try to export the two
>> projects (generator and generator.ui) by the export wizard: Deployable
>> plug-ins and fragments.
>>
>> Installing the generated plugins into a different eclipse instance
>> leads to the error message that some *.emtl file can not be found. I
>> modified build.properties such that this file is added into the
>> exported plugins. I actually verified that. Still, running the
>> generator results in the same error message; just as if the generator
>> does not look 'at the right place'.
>>
>> I am aware of https://www.eclipse.org/forums/index.php/t/812368/ but
>> I'm not using Maven so far and I think that setting up such build
>> infrastructure is not justified for the case of exporting a small
>> simple generator.
>>
>> Actually I have two questions:
>> 1) Can I solve the 'emtl not found' problem without using maven (and
>> if yes, how)?
>> 2) Why is the simple deployable plugin export not supported anymore?
>>
>> Greetings,
>> Wilbert.
>>
>
Re: [Acceleo] Easiest way to deploy a generator [message #1692218 is a reply to message #1692215] Tue, 14 April 2015 11:29 Go to previous message
Ed Willink is currently offline Ed WillinkFriend
Messages: 5929
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
Hi

The Java classpath settings control what gets copied and to what
directories.

Properties->Java Build Path.

Regards

Ed Willink


On 14/04/2015 12:10, "V. López" wrote:
> Hi,
> I have the same problem. Currently, I'm putting manually the emtl
> files in the right folder of the jar file.
> When you select in the Overview of your plugin.xml to include the emtl
> files into the build, please notice they are copied into /bin/<your
> packages> into the jar file, instead of just /<your package> as needed
> for the plugin to work.
> Currently, I don't know how to provide an easier solution than doing
> it manually.
>
> Best,
>
> Víctor
>
> El 14/04/2015 a las 11:17, Ed Willink escribió:
>> Hi
>>
>> IIRC, before I converted all my Acceleo templates to Xtend, I worked
>> around the problem by manually switching between two build behaviours.
>>
>> During 'interactive' development, I let Acceleo build the *.emtl files
>> normally, with the occasional clean/build-all encouragement. When happy,
>> I copied bin/.../*.emtl to src2/..../*.emtl.
>>
>> For release deployment I treated the *.emtl files as sources files, by
>> disabling the Acceleo builder and instead relying on the Java builder to
>> copy src2/..../*.emtl to bin/.../*.emtl.
>>
>> Switching involved adding/removing the Acceleo nature and builder, and
>> adding/removing "customBuildCallbacks = build.acceleo
>> " in build.properties.
>>
>> You can look at commit ee770a838361c879d3c24e2b024fb186872c1e45 of
>> https://git.eclipse.org/r/ocl/org.eclipse.ocl to see a behaviour switch
>> that accidentally got committed.
>>
>> Regards
>>
>> Ed Willink
>>
>>
>>
>>
>> On 14/04/2015 09:28, Wilbert Alberts wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I've created a small generator and it works within my development
>>> instance of eclipse.
>>> Now I want to deploy it and naively, I simply try to export the two
>>> projects (generator and generator.ui) by the export wizard: Deployable
>>> plug-ins and fragments.
>>>
>>> Installing the generated plugins into a different eclipse instance
>>> leads to the error message that some *.emtl file can not be found. I
>>> modified build.properties such that this file is added into the
>>> exported plugins. I actually verified that. Still, running the
>>> generator results in the same error message; just as if the generator
>>> does not look 'at the right place'.
>>>
>>> I am aware of https://www.eclipse.org/forums/index.php/t/812368/ but
>>> I'm not using Maven so far and I think that setting up such build
>>> infrastructure is not justified for the case of exporting a small
>>> simple generator.
>>>
>>> Actually I have two questions:
>>> 1) Can I solve the 'emtl not found' problem without using maven (and
>>> if yes, how)?
>>> 2) Why is the simple deployable plugin export not supported anymore?
>>>
>>> Greetings,
>>> Wilbert.
>>>
>>
>
Previous Topic:[Acceleo] Netlist Generation (nested loops+ variables?)
Next Topic:[XPAND] java.net.MalformedURLException: unknown protocol: ar
Goto Forum:
  


Current Time: Wed Jun 20 08:07:00 GMT 2018

Powered by FUDForum. Page generated in 0.01433 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.

Powered by: FUDforum 3.0.2.
Copyright ©2001-2010 FUDforum Bulletin Board Software

Back to the top