Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » RCP Testing Tool » How to log an entry to the XML report
How to log an entry to the XML report [message #1692062] Mon, 13 April 2015 06:43 Go to next message
Sushanta Dasgupta is currently offline Sushanta DasguptaFriend
Hi,

Is there any ECL command/way to log an entry to the XML report ?

I want to log some custom messages in my final XML report . Is it possible to do that ?
Re: How to log an entry to the XML report [message #1692510 is a reply to message #1692062] Thu, 16 April 2015 10:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jeevan Rex is currently offline Jeevan RexFriend
I think you have to define your own XML parcer using XML. You can use the file read/write syntax. Below is an example.

get-file "file:/home/RCPTT/File_To_Check/file.txt" | get exists // Checking if a file exist
str "Hello WorlD" | write-lines "file:/home/RCPTT/File_To_Check/file.txt" append // Writing into the file
show-alert [concat "The number of lines is " [read-lines "file:/home/RCPTT/File_To_Check/file.txt" | length | str ]] // Reading the file and finding its length

Not sure if this is the best way, this this is a way.
Re: How to log an entry to the XML report [message #1710147 is a reply to message #1692062] Mon, 05 October 2015 06:27 Go to previous message
Ulyana Skorokhodova is currently offline Ulyana SkorokhodovaFriend
Hi Jeevan,

Please look at trace ECL command, it should fit your needs.

Kind regards,
Ulyana.
Previous Topic:[SOLVED] After AUT Splash Log In (How to pass arguments using Maven)
Next Topic:RCPTT not triggering table row selection listener
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 27 02:22:43 GMT 2024