Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Sapphire » Loss of data when changing detail part too quickly
Loss of data when changing detail part too quickly [message #1691783] Thu, 09 April 2015 15:27 Go to next message
Eclipse UserFriend
I'm encountering the following behavior (please see the attached gif): When a user changes the detail part too quickly after changing a value in one of its property editors, the value is not saved and the data is lost, i.e. the original value is kept. I guess Sapphire is waiting for a timeout after the last key press to trigger the saving action - probably as a part of a performance optimization.

Maybe it might be a good idea to trigger that saving action also when this kind of detail switching occurs. Konstantin, what's your opinion about this?

One more question - could you think of a workaround, e.g. is there a way to shorten this timout?

index.php/fa/21495/0/
  • Attachment: sapphire.gif
    (Size: 83.51KB, Downloaded 390 times)
Re: Loss of data when changing detail part too quickly [message #1691797 is a reply to message #1691783] Thu, 09 April 2015 17:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Konstantin Komissarchik is currently offline Konstantin KomissarchikFriend
Yes, we should flush the updates when details are switched. Please open a bug.
Re: Loss of data when changing detail part too quickly [message #1691841 is a reply to message #1691797] Fri, 10 April 2015 06:44 Go to previous message
Eclipse UserFriend
Done, https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=464355
Previous Topic:Any way to avoid wiping data in PropertyEditor with "Restore Defaults"?
Next Topic:Tree-like property editor
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Mar 19 04:28:02 GMT 2024